Waterlogged grease dripping from prop area??

Phil Livewell

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Messages
18
I layed my 9.9 Johnson on the floor (on its side) for a few days and noticed a puddle of watered grease under the area of the prop on the floor. Does this sound like a problem? I had just replaced the leg oil so it wasn't leg oil. I just could not pinpoint the sorurce. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanx!
 

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
333
Re: Waterlogged grease dripping from prop area??

Hello Phil,<br />It may just be unburned 2-cycle oil coming from the exhaust. If you are not sure then I'd check the lower unit oil again.
 

Phil Livewell

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Messages
18
Re: Waterlogged grease dripping from prop area??

Thanks for the post Down South. It makes sense about the unburned 2 stroke oil as the previous owner ran it rich. He sold it because it ran rough. After cleaning the carb, replacing plugs ect., it has run great. I don't think its leg oil because I haven't had it in the water since the oil change and the grease puddle I described was very contaminated with water.
 
Top