Water supply line had pinhole leak.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
4,089
I had to replace the supply line grommet at the powerhead on an 81 johnson 9.9 after I had a water pump failure. There is a small pinhole leak in the upper section of the copper input line. Is this supposed to be there? It looks like a pretty clean hole, but I want to make sure before I put the powerhead back together. I figured that it may be for a pressure relief of some sort. Thanks guys!!
 

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
4,089
Re: Water supply line had pinhole leak.

Anyone have experience with this?
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: Water supply line had pinhole leak.

Does the hole look as tho' it was drilled or is it jagged?
 

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
4,089
Re: Water supply line had pinhole leak.

Boobie, it is a very clean hole. It looks like it was a factory hole. Otherwise I would have plugged it. I was just wondering if it is supposed to be there or not.
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: Water supply line had pinhole leak.

The factory could have put it in for addition cooling in the exhaust part of the g/c. I've seen this on other mtrs in different positions. Don't worry about it.
 

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
4,089
Re: Water supply line had pinhole leak.

Thanks bro. I installed the powerhead last night and the water flow is superb!!
 
Top