Water staying in bilge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLiM JiM 156

Cadet
I think I may have bit off more than I can chew with this one. I left my boat out in the rain for a few days, and when I opened my ski locker I can see a bunch of water built up. I ran the bilge which got all the water out of the rear of the boat, but this water is still sitting. I think there is a good amount in there because when I was driving the boat, it would lean to the left. I tried shoving a fish tape down the PVC pipe that runs through the rib, but I think it just comes out of the pipe and hits the next rib. All the wood down there doesn't look rotted, and the floor is solid. I'm thinking that stuff over the years got down there and is plugging the train to the rear of the boat. Any ideas on how to get this water out? Thanks in advance.

Jim

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water staying in bilge

Howdy,

This might be a question that is better asked in Boat Restoration and Building

It really doesn't have much to do with I/O's. If you have a serious water-log problem, I think you'll be tearing the floor up!

sorry about that!

Rick

SLiM JiM 156

Cadet
Re: Water staying in bilge

Howdy,

This might be a question that is better asked in Boat Restoration and Building

It really doesn't have much to do with I/O's. If you have a serious water-log problem, I think you'll be tearing the floor up!

sorry about that!

Rick

oops you're right, I'll take this over to the resto. forum. I'm just hoping its just a blockage because I just had the carpet out and the floor was solid and everything else looks good from what I can see. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.