Water Squirting In Engine Compartment

Mitytim

Cadet
This is a '78 Galaxie with a 120 Mercruiser which is spewing water in the very back by the transom in the engine compartment with the mickey ears. It only does it when the engine is running. It increases with the rpm and it is about the size of a large diameter pencil. I can see it, but can't tell where it is coming from. It hits the engine and sprays which makes it difficult to locate. Any ideas where this could be coming from? It's almost in the center slightly to the right side if you stradle the motor?
Thanks, Mitytim

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water Squirting In Engine Compartment

I can see it, but can't tell where it is coming from. It hits the engine and sprays which makes it difficult to locate.

Ayuh,... You're There,+ can See it... We Aren't,+ Can't... It could be Many things...
You've gotta LOOK...

Mitytim

Cadet

I need to invent goggles with little windshield wipers on it. O.K. I will do my best to check it out again when I get home from work tonight. Just was hoping it might be an common problem with an easy fix. What was I thinkin? Thanks for your help on both posts Bond-o

chiefalen

Captain

I can't speak for Bond o but if i could drive over within a hour i would and look at it for you.

Is it coming up the shift cable ? Seen that, on the muffs running.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Turn the water pressure down on the hose and look quickly, and maybe put your finger on in.