Water Spraying Out from under Engine when running

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Water Spraying Out from under Engine when running

Wow. I think I just got bent over LOL

I found a radiator repair shop and he welded the end cap back on for me. He said "I think it was worse than what you thought". I have no idea what he meant by that. (My wife picked it up)

Here's the funny thing, it cost $109 to have the endcap welded back/repaired.

Is that NORMAL?

Now, if it works and doesn't leak etc, I'll be happy and it will probably be worth the $100, but that seems high for what I thought was a relatively small job.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I think I would have asked for an estimate before I had him work on it. Either way, it doesnt really matter now. I would pressure test it before I put it back on.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I found a radiator repair shop and he welded the end cap back on for me. He said "I think it was worse than what you thought". I have no idea what he meant by that.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you call them and ask why it was worse than what you thought. I'm sure they will explain it better than anyone here.
Bet you will find that not only one end cap but both were a problem, and possibly some other issues being as it has 2 different coolers in it.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

Now why you gotta be treating me like that Don? I thought we were tight, now I been all disrespected :D

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey, you ask questions, and I give my best answers. :p ;) No one here ever accused me of using to much tact.

Coors

Captain

used three words to kill it

Last edited: