Water pump issues

Smuthe

Cadet
Hey I need some help changed impeller on water pump cranked it up it pumped ranked again later an it didn't I pulled foot again to look an there was some water an like oil all over inside of foot only place I can figure it could be is exhaust leaking in foot gaskets looked good but does that explain why pump quit pumping pulled pump cover an impeller still looks good put hose on down tube for pump an water came out weap hole so no blockage I just don't know what else to try please help thank you

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Normal on a 2 stroke to spit some oil out.----It is likely the oil that you miz in the gas.---.----But make sure fuel pump diaphragm is not ruptured.----Make sure float valves are working.-----Does primer bulb on the hose go hard?

Smuthe

Cadet
Normal on a 2 stroke to spit some oil out.----It is likely the oil that you miz in the gas.---.----But make sure fuel pump diaphragm is not ruptured.----Make sure float valves are working.-----Does primer bulb on the hose go hard?
Thank you for helping think I'm gonna put it back together an put in river an see what it does again thank you