Water or Coke

dolluper

Captain
If you had the choice what would you drink? ,maybe read the following then make your choice,it'll open your eyes<br />We all know that water is important but I've never<br /><br />seen it written down like this before.<br /><br /> WATER<br /><br /> 1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.<br /><br /> 2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is<br />often mistaken for hunger.<br /><br /> 3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as<br />3%.<br /><br /> 4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for<br />almost 100% of the dieters studied in<br /><br />a University of Washington study.<br /><br /> 5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.<br /><br /> 6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day<br />could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.<br /><br /> 7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory,<br />trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or<br />on a printed page.<br /><br /> 8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon<br />cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the<br /><br />risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder<br />cancer.<br /><br />And now for the properties of COKE:<br /><br /> 1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrol carries two<br />gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway! after a car<br />accident.<br /><br /> 2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone<br />in two days<br /><br /> 3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl<br />and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid<br />in Coke removes stains from vitreous China .<br /><br /> 4. To remove rust spots from chrome car<br />bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap aluminum<br />foil dipped in Coca-Cola.<br /><br /> 5. To clean corrosion from car battery<br />terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the<br />corrosion.<br /><br /> 6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to<br />the rusted bolt for several minutes.<br /><br /> 7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking<br />pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham<br />is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix<br /> with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.<br /><br /> 8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of<br />greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The<br />Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.<br /><br /> 9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.<br /><br /><br />For Your Info:<br /><br /> 1. The act ive ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is<br />2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.<br /><br /> Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major<br />contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.<br /><br /> 2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck<br />must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive<br />materials.<br /><br /> 3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines<br />of their trucks for about 20 years!<br /> Now the question is, would you like a coke or<br /><br />a glass of water?<br /><br /> Have A Great Day and Share It With Others<br /><br /><br />__________________________________

Ron G

Commander
Re: Water or Coke

I drink bud light, then water :D they stoped putting fluride in the water here because it causes cancer who would thought.

ZmOz

Captain

Alot of those "facts" about coke are just myths. It's cleaning properties are similar only to water in most circumstances. It will not dissolve a nail in 4 days. Phosphoric acid might, but it is very dilute in soft drinks.<br /><br />Several months ago I started drinking caffeinated water instead of 4-5 cans of mountain dew. I've lost about 50lbs and it's still dropping. No exercise! I'm going for 20 more... :)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I drink water all the time:<br /><br />But to make it a little more enjoyable I like to have a few hops, a little yeast and malt added :D :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

posted by Ron G:<br />I drink bud light, then water
I hate to say it Ron, but you are ONLY drinking water.....there is no then. When you switch to real man's beer then ya might have something.

fireman57

Captain

Amber fluids mostly. Unsweetened tea others. don't drink water because fish procreate and defficate in water.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Water is for washing, cooking and hydrating.<br /><br />Wine, beer and even distilled spirits in moderation are known to reduce risk of heart disease and some cancers. Same for coffee and tea.<br /><br />Furthermore, they are all good for the spirit and contain more water than all other components combined.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Do you know what part of the body suffers the most from dehydration - the brain.<br /><br />Drinking 2 - 3 litres of water per day will improve short term memory, aliviate headaches (even migrains) and improve eyesight. <br /><br />Coke is a dyaretic (sp) - has the opposite effect on the brain.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Tacklewasher:<br /> Good response. You beat me to it.
Yeah, me too. I was refering to that LA Times article just yesterday. Also, there was a report a couple of weeks ago that Coffee was the best source of anti-oxidants that we commonly consume . . .<br /><br />I always think of the old Woody Allen movie Sleeper. He is brought back to life after being frozen in the 70's and Ice Cream Sundaes were considered health food. Can't wait!! :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'll have both. Put a few ice cubes in my Jack and Coke and I'll be alright.

Realgun

Commander

I vote coke, waters to hard to snort.<br /><br /><br /> :D

dolluper

Captain

Yeah but I drink Pepsi so this means nothing to me<br />Another Wiser's and Pepsi fer me :D :) :)

D

DJ

Water.<br /><br />Soft drinks actually dehydrate you.