Water leaking

daf64

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
10
Hello fellow boaters. I have a johnson 60 hp outboard. Year 2000 20" shaft.
I had to replace the water pump an thrrmostate, now I have a lot of water coming out top of exhaust housing. An do not know what i added a pic an circles were water is coming from . Fast you rev the motor the more that purs out .I have lots of water at the pee hole .
 

saltchuckmatt

Captain
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,380
Hello fellow boaters. I have a johnson 60 hp outboard. Year 2000 20" shaft.
I had to replace the water pump an thrrmostate, now I have a lot of water coming out top of exhaust housing. An do not know what i added a pic an circles were water is coming from . Fast you rev the motor the more that purs out .I have lots of water at the pee hole .
Make a YouTube video so we can see what you see but it's probably all normal. Have you tested the overheat system?
 

daf64

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
10
Make a YouTube video so we can see what you see but it's probably all normal. Have you tested the overheat system?
I tryed to up load a pic .not working .never came out that area before I did the water pump . Is there an o ring on the drive shaft by the spines.
 

saltchuckmatt

Captain
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,380
I tryed to up load a pic .not working .never came out that area before I did the water pump . Is there an o ring on the drive shaft by the spines.
It won't do pictures right now (technical issues) but you canale a video and post the link. Not that hard to do.

O ring is to keep water out of the end of the crankshaft.
 

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,966
I doubt that a 2000 model uses an O-ring below the driveshaft splines.
 
Top