FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This is on a '83 85 hp Force. I am getting water leaking around a couple of the bolts of the cover. Nothing out of the sides. Is there a gasket under that plate? How much do hey usually run?
Brett
Re: water leaking from exaust port cover on powerhead
10-20 bucks depending.
force 125 has 2 gaskets one on the block then a metal exhaust plate, then another identical gasket, then the cover.
I don't know if yours is like mine, but I originally got the wrong ones when I was rebuilding so I had to buy different ones, the first ones i got I now have listed on ebay, check yours out to see what you need and then check my listing to see if they match up.
Re: water leaking from exaust port cover on powerhead
i think those would be too long for a 3 cylinder, maybe someone can chime in and give the part # of the mercruiser part # that is xref to force motors
Brett