Water leak to the bilge from transom please help

Scott06

Admiral
short Update, Weird. i was on the boat, i did even short trip but the leak stopped somehow, water level was almost the same as ive left the boat.
Ill keep an eye on that…
The worst thing is I am not able to reach or even find transom nuts in the starboard side…
I bought trim Manifold gasket Just in case.

Best regards
That would make me think it is bellows so depending on position of outdrive it leaks or doesn’t

Kubaat3lover

Chief Petty Officer
I have tried trailer position full UP and still nothing, later with helper I will try different position UP/DOWN+Wheel left right.. I will keep You updated

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
I have tried trailer position full UP and still nothing, later with helper I will try different position UP/DOWN+Wheel left right.. I will keep You updated
u need a flexible mirror on a long shaft, buddy and light. Pray you don' have transom rot. I had a y pipe's seal fail one time. I had to pull motor. But at least I didn't have to rebuild transom.

I certainly realize how late this reply is however I thought I might chime in...
Recently my bilge was taking on water big time. I live on the Parker Strip in Arizona and we like to put our boats in the water and leave 'em over night on occasion. All summer my bilge would fill up a few gallons of water within a few hours. I had an automatic pump in there luckily so no problem but I could not find source of leak. Meanwhile, my U- bellows would fill up with water and thus started to rust the gimble bearing. So that being said, I knew I had to pull drive and replace bearing while thinking bellows needed to be replaced in case it was the source of leakage...
Anyway, while taking drive off, a three inch chunk of the round rubber O-ring that resides around and inside the U-joint assembly came flying out. This piece of rubber O-ring had gotten in the way of securing a truly secured mating surface last time I had installed the outdrive unbeknownst to me at the time. Anyway, upon reinstallation of new gimble bearing and out drive, I water tested the boat and gimble was smooth and quiet. Upon pulling her out of the river, I pulled the plug and low and behold...not one drip of water came out!
So this could possibly be a source to check when taking on water in the bilge...never would have noticed otherwise. Just sayin'... but what do I know?