Water keeps filling boat cover, please help!

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
Well designed custom canvas is the best!
I took this picture this morning. Snowed 5” yesterday. My Silverton is on the right. That green Sunbrella is 17 years old (no joke). We had 26” a few years ago and it was fine. I clean it and apply waterproofing every summer. I hope to get at least another year or two before replacing.
It ain’t cheap, but is SO worth it!Resized_20240120_124046.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
When you get set up with center support dont forget to add venting. There are passive and solar powered ones.

stresspoint

Ensign
my mate that lives where it rains a lot has the right idea , he removes the boat seats and lays a tarp on the floor with a few bricks to stop the wind blowing it away.
jacks the front high and removes the plugs , one thing he does do is every now and then pokes the holes just to be sure no clogging up is happening .

all the leaves and crap seems to sit on the tarp toward the rear ,so he just roles it up and shakes it out when too much crap accumulates.

he too got sick of buying tarps and covers to have them rip or blow off after a week or so.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Keeping a good tarp taught with a good framework, otherwise your wasting your time and efforts.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
What I showed in my pix.
It takes a while to design & make it up but once you’re done it works great every year and I figure I’ve saved about $4500 using the cover & frame vs paying for shrink wrap every year.