No more boats

Seaman
Early 2000's Yamaha
OX 66
2 stroke
250 HP
fuel injected
Don't know model #

recently picked GW 22 foot Seaferer , with Yamaha OB , working my way thru learning process

week prior , ran fine

week of monsoon rains here in FLa

Normally starts first turn. this time stalled after starting , start stall , start stall , etc
Got it into gear before stalling , Stayed close too boat ramp , Ran like crap
checked Recor water seperator , 2 ounces of water came thru valve followed by fuel
Checked fill cap and where its mounted , Removed gas hose from t
Ran high pressure water quite sometime all around fill area , no water coming down hose ,
NO water entering into tank

Water seperator Can't see how any water would enter

Only thing I can think of is fuel recently purchased ?? Good think I only purchased 30 bucks

Weeks ago I changed Recor filter , gasket , new yamaha gas filter

my plan
empty fuel tank
new seperator filter ( priming ) fuel
new engine filter ( priming ) fuel
VST tank empty fresh fuel
Any thing else I should consider ???
Sea foam ,
injector cleaner

thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Early 2000's Yamaha
OX 66
2 stroke
250 HP
fuel injected
Don't know model #

recently picked GW 22 foot Seaferer , with Yamaha OB , working my way thru learning process

week prior , ran fine

week of monsoon rains here in FLa

Normally starts first turn. this time stalled after starting , start stall , start stall , etc
Got it into gear before stalling , Stayed close too boat ramp , Ran like crap
checked Recor water seperator , 2 ounces of water came thru valve followed by fuel
Checked fill cap and where its mounted , Removed gas hose from t
Ran high pressure water quite sometime all around fill area , no water coming down hose ,
NO water entering into tank

Water seperator Can't see how any water would enter

Only thing I can think of is fuel recently purchased ?? Good think I only purchased 30 bucks

Weeks ago I changed Recor filter , gasket , new yamaha gas filter

my plan
empty fuel tank
new seperator filter ( priming ) fuel
new engine filter ( priming ) fuel
VST tank empty fresh fuel
Any thing else I should consider ???
Sea foam ,
injector cleaner

thanks
I have the same boat.

Long story, but motor shut down a mile out of port. Drained water from filter and got back to the ramp. Strange, burned 180 gallons over the previous 3 days.

Got home and siphoned a 1/2 gallon of water off the bottom of the tank. Headed back out after 4 days of rain and it happened again......WTF?
This time I got a pint or two of water off the bottom of the tank.

Called Grady and was told there was a known problem if the boat is sitting just right and the recess in the gunnel fills up with water. At that point, the vent in the cap is under water and you know the rest. Gave me the part number to order to resolve the issue.

Bought the boat new 10 years earlier. Never once had water problems up until now. What changed......I never leave the boat uncovered. Had Left the cover off for a week knowing I was going back out once the weather cleared.

You need one of these

No more boats

Seaman
thanks for the info , Makes sense , I don't see any other source for water too enter other then vent hose , either way plan is too empty tank , thankfully not a lot in tank , I did run a seperate tank fresh gas , only short while , still seemed ruff thinking some gas in vst tank , CLOSED and knowing it got too done correctly

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have the same boat.

Long story, but motor shut down a mile out of port. Drained water from filter and got back to the ramp. Strange, burned 180 gallons over the previous 3 days.

Got home and siphoned a 1/2 gallon of water off the bottom of the tank. Headed back out after 4 days of rain and it happened again......WTF?
This time I got a pint or two of water off the bottom of the tank.

Called Grady and was told there was a known problem if the boat is sitting just right and the recess in the gunnel fills up with water. At that point, the vent in the cap is under water and you know the rest. Gave me the part number to order to resolve the issue.

Bought the boat new 10 years earlier. Never once had water problems up until now. What changed......I never leave the boat uncovered. Had Left the cover off for a week knowing I was going back out once the weather cleared.

You need one of these
Thats a pretty big design flaw for such a well renowned company!