Watching my boat on Ebay!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Watching my boat on Ebay!

"Most bids come in at the last minute."

I'm one of those. If I see something I want, I want it for the best price which means you don't want a lot of hits on it........want to make it look like nobody is interested......then in the last hour go for it. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get beat out by someone else doing the same thing. Grin Sometimes you get busy and miss the close date/time.

I think that if I got a CC, I'd go to the bank, explain what the check was for and where it came from and get their assurances that the check is good.........or THEY eat it.....that'd help them do a good job of verification.

Mark

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

just check apparently they ZAPPED it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

If I see something I want, I want it for the best price which means you don't want a lot of hits on it........want to make it look like nobody is interested......then in the last hour go for it
Yeah, me too, except I wait until the last 30 seconds . . . That's why I think it'll go significantly higher. Vehicles are sometimes different though.

tmh

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Man, I can't believe your boat is up to $4,300 already. Maybe boats work a bit differently on eBay in that the "real bids" don't bunch up in the last few minutes. I hope for you they do and it gets bid up over $6k!

Very nice looking boat. Original interior/vinyl? Looks too good to be 20 yrs. old. Did you do a lot of work on it over the years?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Man, I can't believe your boat is up to $4,300 already. Maybe boats work a bit differently on eBay in that the "real bids" don't bunch up in the last few minutes. I hope for you they do and it gets bid up over $6k!

Very nice looking boat. Original interior/vinyl? Looks too good to be 20 yrs. old. Did you do a lot of work on it over the years?

Thanks,

The lounge and jump seats are new.I still have the original seats that are solid wood frames but the stitching has come loose on a couple cushions.The buyer gets them if they want them.

I have worked on the boat for about 2 years to get it back in good shape.It still has the original floor and carpet and is very solid.
It was never left uncovered.
When i bought it,it needed head gaskets and a major tune up.Then a battery,starter and a ton of small stuff.
I think of all the hours i put in it and i will kind of miss it. But i got another boat to work on so all is good..:D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'm looking at recent bidding history of your bidders and the only one that I feel is legit is the current one at 4300. The others seem to be a bit too interested in boats. Could be boat dealers, could be they are looking for a good deal and haven't found one yet. Could be scammers that target boat sellers. I like to see a variety of bidding interests. One shows what in numbers is a variety, but we're talking cars, boats, PWCs. Watch out for that one for sure!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have got some crazy emails this morning.Wanting to trade for cars plus cash ect....Scammers i'm sure! 1 hour to go...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

No response from the winning bidder:mad:
The 4300 bidder emailed and asked for me to cancel due to her husband being in a car accident.I did that for her so the 4199 bidder won. His zip code is about 20 minutes from my house. I guess i'll give him the 48 hours to leave the deposit.Just got a feeling he will be a no pay..

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

Gary, speaking of zip codes in NC, I'm from NC (recently relocated to Nashville, TN last year). Grew up in Wilkesboro, NC...Before I took this job, I looked in Charlotte and didn't like the majority of the people I ran into there. Seems like NC has changed so much over the past 10 years. Nashville (& surrounding area) reminds me of the mts of NC with better jobs :)

I like Concord alright, especially the the speedway....good times.

Good luck with your boat!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

gary, the poor guy works where there are no computers, let him get home. and maybe he will check his email. not all of us have Wild Berries , what ever they are called

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

TD,thats what i was thinking but in his bid history he had bid on another boat 4 hours ago...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Gary, speaking of zip codes in NC, I'm from NC (recently relocated to Nashville, TN last year). Grew up in Wilkesboro, NC...Before I took this job, I looked in Charlotte and didn't like the majority of the people I ran into there. Seems like NC has changed so much over the past 10 years. Nashville (& surrounding area) reminds me of the mts of NC with better jobs :)

I like Concord alright, especially the the speedway....good times.

Good luck with your boat!

Thanks, Our office is right behind turn 2 at the track.
I'm thinking about a job change myself,tired of living out of a suitcase..

QC

Supreme Mariner

Shows how much I know . . . Good luck Gary.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Shows how much I know . . . Good luck Gary.

Where is that 6750???? LOL...:D

I just hope this guy pays so i don't have to relist. it was about 60 bucks for listing fee...:rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Another thought on this topic I have is that eBay is always right . . . Soooo, it fetched what it should I guess. Just happens the bidders came out early instead of runnning it up at the end. Good luck with the cash. He may have stopped watching as he was originally outbid. Have you tried to contact him?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Yes,sent him an email this morning with my phone number.
I noticed in his bid history he is bidding on 2 other boats,most recent bid 4 hours ago.So i know he was on ebay and got my messege..

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

I noticed in his bid history he is bidding on 2 other boats,most recent bid 4 hours ago.So i know he was on ebay and got my messege..

Hmm, no not really. Could have been an autobid and if he did bid himself, it doesn't mean he saw your message :)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thats true,I just got a email from one of the watchers that said if the winner does not pay he would bring cash...he lives about an hour away.
Makes me wonder why he didn't bid..:rolleyes: