Watch out little man

Goat1314

Seaman Apprentice
Ok

So out of goodwill I decide to take a local 6 year old who hangs out with my sons fishing with his granddad. My kids where in camp so I thought this kid Who has no dad and has never been fishing might enjoy the experience. We get out on lake Ontario in my 22 foot Islander and the grand dad catches a Coho. I reset the line and yell to the kid who is driving the boat ( with my watchful eye ) "The next one is yours Mad Max" well 30 minutes later I'm driving and I yell "Fish on " and Grand dad grabs the line out of the rigger sets the hook Like I showed him and then hands the line over. I saw it all happen in slow motion, as I yelled "No" an reached for the kid The Salmon yanked him over board so fast it it was like a blur!

Now lucky for me, my kids are not much older so I dog clip my rods to the boat and I enforce a strict life jacket rule.

Mad Max was well.... very Mad when We turned around and picked him up bobbing in his life jacket!

Needless to say Grandad had some explaining to do but the kids Mom laughed it off thank God .

Anyway it's damn funny now when I think of it and we managed to get the fish in after I rescued the kid and made a mess of my other 3 lines in the water not a bad 19 pounder

82rude

Rear Admiral
Re: Watch out little man

glad the kid is ok.would of made a heck of of a youtube video though.:laugh:goes to show you the value of wearing lifejackets .any chance of getting the kid to do a reactment for us?