Washdown pump installation 02 170cc

markinorf

Recruit
Ive located the wiring and the port on the sea **** valve, so thats covered. The switch on the console was standard equipment and Im ready to buy the pump and hardware now.
Any helpful tips on brands and other things to look for concerning installation would be greatly appreciated.
Why would somebody not opt for this feature when buying a new boat? Go figure. I didnt let it stop me from buying it in June though. :) $

markinorf

Recruit
Re: Washdown pump installation 02 170cc

Well, here it is. The deck plate was a result of a kinked livewell drain I repaired that the original owner put up with for six years!. I thought it was an obstruction, but nay. So, what better place to gain access to mount a washdown pump, huh? Its well above the water line and with a quick disconnect, very easy to operate. I had to sacrifice the inboard holder, but Im a speck fisherman and the "angle of the dangle" with the replacement holder is way more versitile. Funny how things work out. Ill finish off the project by adding a nice polymer bezel to the oulet and shim up that rodholder to get some clarence and cover the hole completely. It works great and I wouldnt own a boat without a raw water washdown now.
The pump is a Shurflo 4GPM.
Vacation08015.jpg
Vacation08013.jpg