Warning buzzer on 130 evinrude going off after VRO removal?

tonyscj5

Petty Officer 2nd Class
95 evinrude 130, just removed VRO, now buzzer going off. It is the intermitent buzzer, not constant. I assume this is a oil warning buzzer, how can I disconect it.<br /><br />the engine is not hot.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Tony

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Warning buzzer on 130 evinrude going off after VRO removal?

Did you disconnect the harness coming from the VRO? It has 3 or 4 wires and the connector is between the starter and the left head. Did you disconnect the "lamp cord" going to the oil tank? I'll bet you missed one of them.

phatmanmike

Captain

73 baja got it eaxactly.<br /><br />if you leave the harnes from the vro pump plugged in, the motors electronics "thinks" its outa oil, cause it has a sensor in the vro pump.<br /><br />unplug this and try again<br /><br /><br />mike<br /><br /><br />peace

tonyscj5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I know I unplugged the harness from the VRO, and the oil tank is off the boat, so I doubt that could be it. Isn't the VRO harness, just a two wire set w/ a black rubber 'plug' in it that can easily be unplugged?<br /><br />The buzzer was only going off everyonce in a while, not all the time.<br /><br />Maybe one of those wires is shorting out?<br /><br />what do you all think? I will go to the marina in the AM and check it out, and report back<br /><br />Thanks very much<br />Tony

tonyscj5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay I checked it out, turns out I only disconected the harness to the tank. <br /><br />If I remember right I should snip the TAN wire going to the fuel pump, is this correct?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Tony

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did the same thing Tony. Look for the leads coming from the VRO. One is tan, I forget the colors of the other two. Follow them to the rear of the motor. There is a black connector along the the way. Unplug it and that's it. You could reconnect the whole thing if it becomes a selling point when the time comes.

tonyscj5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay let me see if I have this right.<br /><br />Their should be a pair or maybe three wires that go from the motor to the oil tank, those can be disconected by unplugging the "black Plug" that is in the middle of the wires. I did that.<br /><br />Then their is another set 3 of wires going to the fuel pump. These are for the oil sensor in the fuel/oil pump. I was told by someone to cut the tan wire in this group. While out fishing today I cut the tan wire, and the alarm did not go off the rest of the trip. <br /><br />Was this the correct thing to do?<br /><br />Do I need to cut or disconnect the rest of the wires in this group, I think the other two were black and purple.<br /><br />Thanks for the help so far.<br /><br />Tony

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

The fuel pump is referred to as the VRO on models so equipped. The tan wire may have been the one sending the alarm. I just unplugged the connector. The fuel pump is mechanical, it is powered by pulses from the crankcase. The wires are for the alarms.