Want to add a wooden swim platform, looking for design ideas

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Want to add a wooden swim platform, looking for design ideas

I have a '69 Holiday and am considering a swim platform. Did you ever build one?

Daddoo,

I regret to say I have not touched my boat since November. I plan to build/modify one this winter.

Maclin

Admiral

It will need to go above the drive and be able to clear when it is tilted up all the way. It looks to me like your tiedown rings are right at where the platform would want to go. Those may need to be moved up or down some so the platform will not be too high. Maybe the platform can go right above those and will be ok for height, hard to say exactly from the pics.

If you use those tiedowns for attaching a ski rope bridle then you need to consider that, the tow rope should be above the platform, so you may want to relocate them slightly higher.

My platform is not right up against the transom, so there is some room for a transom strap hook to fit thru so it can reach my tiedowns which are above the platform height...
cropped 2.jpg

haulnazz15

Captain

There's no reason he can't just use the center u-bolt for attaching ski rope/tube rope. I'd put the platform right on top of the transom tie-downs as well.

Maclin

Admiral

I like that high mounted tow ring, I had to add one to mine as it was just too low in my mind.

nfc

Recruit

IMG_5745.jpgplatform1.jpg
I dont know if you already got a new platform but here our some pictures of what my boss has done.This is not the first we have made if your interested you i can give you more information.