VP 2006 5.7 Osxi died; won't start.

nwripple

Cadet
Well I got the new MAP sensor and installed it no problem. Rinda showed basically the same readings with the key on engine off -- 89% engine load, 57MS injector pulse width, barometric and manifold pressure 15-ish psi.

started once, died in a few seconds, won't restart....basically the same. I did get a new wire set and replaced the distributor to coil one - have not done others, have not changed spark plugs yet. no codes (except when I tried to start with MAP installed, but not re-connected--that gave 107 MAP voltage high, 113 IAT voltage low, and a new one - 129 BP pressure low...don't know that one?...cleared all, none re-appeared, still no joy....

any ideas why the injector pulse width would be so long if the MAP sensor is right (or why the ECM thinks the engine load is 89% with two different MAP sensors? that is not correct, obviously, but is that what it's supposed to show if the key is on with engine not running?

ECM problem? that sounds expensive.

nothing else seemed off -
IAC 132
cam retard and spark advance both 0
TPS 0.71 volts
various drivers all "OK"

anything I should be looking for?? any thoughts? I emailed the guy I thought saved me hopefully he'll have a new idea...
thanks again....the search continues.