Voter-ID Override failed....

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Voter-ID Override failed....

parade_pics.jpg
<br />dumb truck driver<br /><br />As someone that stuck their neck out and ran for State Assembly in 2004 I must comment on the sad state of affairs in Wisconsin politics. My kids,the ones in the prison garb, were proud to walk w/their dad in almost a dozen district parades to highlight how sad it's gotten. <br /><br />Students, with nothing better to do on election day, make up a bunch of address labels with different addresses printed so that they could take their utility bill envelope around to different polling places, registering at each new polling place with a new address. So much for same day vote/register.<br /><br />2004 In Milwaukee, sidewalk bums were given cigarettes and a ride to the polls for their vote.<br /><br />Son and friends of soon to be elected U.S.Rep. Moore decide to slash vans belonging to repub. campaign workers. Trial set to go Jan.2006/multiple felony charges.<br /><br />Present gov. took over 1 miilion in campaign contributions from the state Indian tribes ( a SOVEREIGN nation}. Took 10 grand from a guy who just was awarded a state contract for state travel agency contracts.<br /><br />Finally after 3 years after felony charges were leveled against several state legislators for "Pay to Play", trials are about to start in the coming months.<br /><br />The sad part, even though with felony charges against him, one legislator ran for re-election twice and guess what? The rich whiteys re-elected him twice.<br /><br />I oppose same day registration at the polls. This will clear up a lot of the problems. I'm more of a Libertarion and oppose photo ID. We're already almost at National ID card because we've been sold out by our Federal Reps.<br />
senslessbremmerss.jpg
<br /><br />" Hay dare, Dem Packers are on TV and I gots a 12'r in the fridge" is the mentality of a vast majority in Wisconsin. They could care less about this bill. <br />What's more important to them is the question of wether Farve is going play on Sunday.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Maybe everyone's finger should be dipped in a bottle of ink after they vote.

PW2

Commander

I personally think the voting qualification process is a disgrace in this country, on a completely non-partisan basis. I'm willing to bet that there is at least as much fraud and abuse from the right as there is on the left...<br /><br />We need to get some sort of uniform proceedure, and run it like a bank runs ATM's. or a state runs a lottery. And we need to update the technology and make it uniform to make it happen.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> The mayor of milwaukee(D) requested 750,000 more ballots than there were people in the city who were LEGAL AGE TO VOTE. That doesn't even mean they were going to vote - just everyone over 18.<br /><br />Sean :mad:
Wonder how many registered voters or of voting age? Or, at least the population of Milwaukee? Just to give us some perspective. Because you'll need more ballots than voters unless you know the exact number needed at each polling station, or, have the means to redistribute the ballots instantaneously thoughout the day. <br /><br />But 750,000 does sound a bit extravagant. Maybe he got a big discount for bulk purchase? ;) <br /><br />By indicating that he's a democrat, you imply that republicans don't pull those kind of shenanegins(sp?)...can you support that assertion?

Pony

Rear Admiral

Pop of Milwaukee : 593,920 and on the decline<br />Pop of Milwaukee County : 939,358

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Pony85:<br /> Pop of Milwaukee : 593,920 and on the decline<br />Pop of Milwaukee County : 939,358
aha! Sorry I doubted you. Best case, his brother-in-law owns the ballot-printing company :) -- you already identified the worst case. :mad: <br /><br /><br />[note to wildbill -- you are a True American in my book; my hat is off to you! How'd you do in the election? Would you do it again?]

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I don't know why I even bothered to read this thread, but it caught my eye. <br /> Ferchrissakes....you are talking up a storm on HOW/WHO can vote . Where the hell are we/this country going? Something so damn simple as VOTING can't even be agreed upon. <br /> I just got the local vote crap (remember when voting was just once every few years?-now every 6 months), and we are back to filling in the little circles. No more chads to hang. And pages of instructions to tell you just how to fill in the little dot. And websites to go to for more information on how to vote. Progress? I remember filling in the little circles 40 years ago in school. And voter turnout being what it is, the majority now is non voters anyway. Our system is bloated junk. From the Fed, right on down to my HOA, just a bunch of useless meeting makers making more rules and laws for everyone else, while padding their own pockets is the name of the game, and the more pork, the better.<br /> PS. I would get into this further, but I need to go out to my shop and spend the afternoon removing 6 sticky warning stickers from a desk lamp...I already removed the protective plug prong cover, read all the directions on the plastic bag, acknowledged that the box was printed in the USA with pride, while the box and lamp were made in china, and tonight I plan to get comfortable and read the 3 pages of directions. For a desk lamp............ :mad: