Voter-ID Override failed....

eeboater

Commander
I can't believe this... the Voter-ID vote to over-ride the governors veto failed... So, that means people can continue to fraudulently vote in the state of Wisconsin. Want to be an elected official? Come to Wisconsin - get the inmates and sexual predators to vote for you... 10 times.<br /><br />Now they are going to put it up to the voters - change the state constitution. I can't wait for this to roll around, it will be my personal goal to get as many people to vote FOR the voter ID amendment.<br /><br />Sean<br /><br /><br />From JSONLINE.COM<br /><br />
TUESDAY, Sept. 20, 2005, 12:12 p.m.<br />Photo ID veto override fails by one vote<br /><br />Madison - Without debate, the state Senate fell one vote short today of overriding Gov. Jim Doyle's veto of a bill that would have required voters to show a photo ID.<br /><br />The vote means Republicans will now push to amend the state Constitution to add that requirement.<br /><br />The override effort failed, 21-12, with two Democrats - Tim Carpenter of Milwaukee and Jeff Plale of South Milwaukee - joining all 19 Republicans. An override requires a two-thirds majority, or 22 votes, in the Senate.<br /><br />Republicans have fought for the photo ID requirement for years, saying it would halt what they say is a growing trend of Election Day problems and fraud.<br /><br />Doyle has repeatedly vetoed the photo ID requirement, saying that requirement would disenfranchise the old, elderly and some poor who do not have driver's licenses and would not be able to get state-issued ID cards. The governor has offered his own package of election-law changes that would better train poll workers and cut waiting times for voters.<br /><br />Republicans say they will begin the process of amending the Wisconsin Constitution to require voters to display a photo ID, although that could not become law until April 2007, at the earliest.<br /><br />State Assembly Speaker John Gard (R-Peshtigo) said today that amending the constitution does not require the governor's approval, so Republicans will go "straight to the people."<br /><br />Constitutional amendments must be approved by two consecutive sessions of the Legislature, and then by voters in a statewide referendum.<br /><br />-By Steven Walters

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Voter-ID Override failed....

I've been wondering myself how anyone can vote against it....not like a phot id is that big of a deal to show. everyone has one

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Just another example of the minority dictating what's best for the majority.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by alden:<br /> Just another example of the minority dictating what's best for the majority.
The governor who vetoed the bill was not elected by majority?<br /><br />Just curious, I'm not familiar with WI politics.<br /><br /><br />[p.s. don't overlook the graveyard as a source of votes]

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />
Originally posted by alden:<br /> Just another example of the minority dictating what's best for the majority.
The governor who vetoed the bill was not elected by majority?<br /><br />Just curious, I'm not familiar with WI politics.<br /><br /><br />[p.s. don't overlook the graveyard as a source of votes]
My take on the article was that 12 people decided that no id voting should stand by not supporting the veto override. Perhaps I read it wrong, but I don't think so.

D

DJ

And, this is NEWS!<br /><br />Wake up people.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> The governor who vetoed the bill was not elected by majority?
A majority which I would estimate a minimum of 5% of the votes were probably illegal.<br /><br />Proof to support that number, I don't have any. But there were people who went to vote and were told "they already voted." Not to mention the Cigarretes for votes campaign.

D

DJ

And 5% is OK? Come on! Have some standards.

eeboater

Commander

Local talk show host is mulling the idea of recommending a conservative vote-fraud campaign during the next election.<br /><br />This is the plan:<br /><br />Go to an area in the state which has a close election. Early in the day, vote for a conservative politician under someone elses name. This has to be performed in an area which is a bit larger since in smaller towns the election workers may identify you using the "incorrect name." Then, go later and cast your own vote.<br /><br />Option #2. Get a handful of voter registration cards and register to vote, as well as submit your vote, under an incorrect name. There is no way for them to track whether your name is right or not - your vote is therefore counted.<br /><br />These actions were regularly performed in the last major election by large left-wing "get out the vote" drives.<br /><br />I was approached 5 TIMES in 5 SEPARATE LOCATIONS last year asking if I wanted to register to vote. I declined, yet after monitoring their activitied, they were taking voter registrations without looking at their ID. It's corrupt and its morally absent.<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

I have ALWAYS found it true that those that blame are those that are perpetrating-in droves.<br /><br />I do not have to show ID to vote in AZ. But, I do, BECAUSE I'M HONEST. Now, there's a concept to mull over. Let "Air America" chew on that one.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

hey alden, it was 12 plus the governor opposed. Are you thinking the governor shouldn't have veto power? That's the so-called "check" against a run-away legislature.<br /><br />No offense, Wisconsinites, but WI politics sounds a little like Louisiana. (no offense, Louisianians, either) ;) <br /><br />eeboater, you need ID to register but not to vote? Somebody (cough-governor-cough) must think you guys are really stupid.

eeboater

Commander

jtexas - you don't need ID for anything. Thats what the problem is.<br /><br />Any schmo can register to vote AND vote using and schmo's name. ZERO security in place. The democrats are saying that by requiring an ID to vote, we would be disenfanchising the elderly and the minorities. IMO - its a load of bull. Anyone who is against showing an ID to vote, simply is afraid they will no longer be able to cheat on election day.<br /><br />Sean

Pony

Rear Admiral

Quoted by EE.<br />
IMO - its a load of bull. Anyone who is against showing an ID to vote, simply is afraid they will no longer be able to cheat on election day.<br /><br />
I have the exact same opinion ee. He jtexas last time I checked you don't vote on govenor based on a reform that comes up after he has been elected to office. And alen is correct 21 would be the majority over 13 (12 plus gov.). He said nowhere that the govenor shouldnt be able to veto a bill, he simply stated that the 21, a real majority, didn't override the veto because they lacked the legal definition of a majority.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> hey alden, it was 12 plus the governor opposed. Are you thinking the governor shouldn't have veto power?
Sorry, up here in the hills of NH we would consider the smaller number of 12 to be the minority against the majority number of 21. I guess we're a little backwards with our math.<br /><br />And yes, I of course believe the governor should be denied veto power so we can eliminate all facets of democracy. I also want to starve old people.

Link

Rear Admiral

your not alone EE, see sig text

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Pony85:<br /> Quoted by EE.<br />
IMO - its a load of bull. Anyone who is against showing an ID to vote, simply is afraid they will no longer be able to cheat on election day.<br /><br />
I have the exact same opinion ee. He jtexas last time I checked you don't vote on govenor based on a reform that comes up after he has been elected to office. And alen is correct 21 would be the majority over 13 (12 plus gov.). He said nowhere that the govenor shouldnt be able to veto a bill, he simply stated that the 21, a real majority, didn't override the veto because they lacked the legal definition of a majority.
Right. But then, you don't re-vote on state legislators either.<br /><br />
Originally posted by alden:<br /><br />Sorry, up here in the hills of NH we would consider the smaller number of 12 to be the minority against the majority number of 21. I guess we're a little backwards with our math.<br /><br />And yes, I of course believe the governor should be denied veto power so we can eliminate all facets of democracy. I also want to starve old people..
Guys I can do the math, no problem. Since we all are capable of calculating a simple majority, I just skipped over that to get right to the heart of the matter. No offense intended.<br /><br />About veto power, I'm just askin the question, since you wanted the majority vote of the legislature to carry the bill despite the veto, I thought I detected the opinion the gov has more power than he should have, so I asked instead of puttin words in your mouth. A perfectly valid point of view which I never have really thought about. 2/3 is overwhelming...maybe it does put too much power in the hands of one guy. Many facets of democracy would remain intact, and old people could still find food. :) [yes I recognized the sarcasm]<br /><br />Since you don't need ID to register, all ya got to do is head down to the graveyard & copy down some names...

eeboater

Commander

jtexas,<br /><br />You make a great point. The fact that Doyle's veto is overriding nearly 2/3's of the votes in the senate seems a bit odd. If the senators are elected by the people and the senators vote accordingly, why does the governor need to have the ability to provide a "check" for a runaway legislature. <br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

WI is a rare state that the Gov has the line item as well as other veto powers he does. Doyle backed off on Medicare drug payment cuts do to him not wanting to be the first WI Gov in 21 years to have the Senate overturn his legislation. He the Doyle delayed the law 'till after the first of the new year 'cause new budget forecasts will be in by then, buying the Gov time to find other means to cut or leave projected budget alone, as well as leave Medicare drug bennies alone. Typical politician fodder.<br /><br />Regards the voter ID, those Pols for this measure are a minority due to the RINOS in WI (Republican In Name Only). The minority Pols Strongly wanted this ID deal to go to a referendum vote to reveal what the citizens desire.<br /><br />Were it not for the Ultra Liberal folks in Madison, and the Minority vote in Milwaukee, we would not have a Demoncrat Gov., nor would J. Kerry have won the state by a margin of a thousand votes give or take.

rogerwa

Commander

WE forgot about the illegal aliens. How can they vote if they need to have a valid ID?? I would have vetoed it too.. :eek:

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br />nor would J. Kerry have won the state by a margin of a thousand votes give or take.
Therein lies another question - those 1000 votes. How many of them were legal?<br /><br />The mayor of milwaukee(D) requested 750,000 more ballots than there were people in the city who were LEGAL AGE TO VOTE. That doesn't even mean they were going to vote - just everyone over 18.<br /><br />Sean :mad: