Volvo Penta Tilt/Trim Motor and Pump

jonnygriz

Recruit
Greetings from a beautiful day in Colorado!

I have a question that I'm hoping someone on this forum might be familiar with. My 2007 Four Winns has a Volvo Penta SX-4 (3883602) outdrive. The problem is my tilt/trim pump motor has failed. The actual pump is fine. After checking the fuse, relays and connections I pulled the motor off the pump and determined the motor is bad. I'm having trouble locating any parts for this particular assembly (shown in pics below). Does anyone know if a replacement motor can be found for this assembly? Any help or insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
fishing from shore this weekend....

2007 Four Winns 204
GXi-G 5.0 (204-FS-A07)
Volvo Penta SX-4 (3883602) outdrive

Attachments

• Volvo Penta Trim pump pic.JPG
    Volvo Penta Trim pump pic.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Volvo Penta Trim pump assembly.JPG
    Volvo Penta Trim pump assembly.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 29
  • pump assembly.jpg
    pump assembly.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... I don't know, But,....
Click on the "Shop" button at the top of this page, to find the Volvo store here at iboats,....

jonnygriz

Recruit
After talking with multiple sources I've been told this particular tilt/trim assembly is no longer produced for the 2007-2010 models. There is a "second design" that replaces this older assembly. This means you can't order just the motor or even the motor/pump assembly. You must replace the entire tilt/trim assembly including the cover and the lines - $1,200.

I was able to source a very similar motor (same dimensions and nearly identical specs) from Transmotec ($60). Not 100% this will work but worth a shot. I'll report back in a couple days and let you know.

Attachments

• ptt.JPG
    ptt.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 15
  • mtr.JPG
    mtr.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 17

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Interesting that you may have found a "motor only" replacement for the pump. Let us know if it works as I am sure there will be others that would like to have that reference for future similar situations. If so, please give vendor and part number information.

pfeff

Recruit
Interested in this, did the motor mate up and work? looks close for sure!
previous owner had an Oring failure, and mine filled up with water and ruined the motor itself.