Volvo Penta | Power Steering Hose Size

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello all,

Last time I was with the boat I noticed ATF fluid leaking from one of the hoses connecting to the power steering pump, the hose in question is the one with the jubilee clip not the ones going to the RAMS (I assume).

I'm not with the boat and forgot to measure the width of the hose required (and I'm a good 6 hour round trip away) is anyone able to help me out getting the right size hose please.

Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Volvo Penta has been using power steering for over 45 years and has had 7 different systems

Bondo

Staff member
Hello all,

Last time I was with the boat I noticed ATF fluid leaking from one of the hoses connecting to the power steering pump, the hose in question is the one with the jubilee clip not the ones going to the RAMS (I assume).

I'm not with the boat and forgot to measure the width of the hose required (and I'm a good 6 hour round trip away) is anyone able to help me out getting the right size hose please.

Thanks
Ayuh,..... I'll Guess,........ 3/8" id,.....

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
@scott valid point, apologies I thought I'd added model year etc.

It's a 2003 VP 3.0 GSP-C

Thanks

Scott Danforth

Staff member
should be 3/8" (10mm)

pressure line will be 1200 psi or higher line. best obtained from hydraulic shop and custom made

return line is 50 psi return line, available in bulk from any NAPA

baker556

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's jubilee clip so must be return line, thanks Scott - will get this on order.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
It's jubilee clip so must be return line, thanks Scott - will get this on order.
Going to assume you are in the UK because the rest of the world calls them hose clamps