Volvo Penta Exhaust Flapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylep

Recruit
While replacing the exhaust man's and risers, I noticed that the one of the flapper valves was missing. While searching for a place to purchase a new one, I ran across an article stating that Volvo Penta does not recommend installing flapper valves now. Is this true? If so, what keeps the water out of the engine?

Kyle

1999 Chap Sig 240
VP 5.7GS

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Volvo Penta Exhaust Flapper

While replacing the exhaust man's and risers, I noticed that the one of the flapper valves was missing. While searching for a place to purchase a new one, I ran across an article stating that Volvo Penta does not recommend installing flapper valves now. Is this true? If so, what keeps the water out of the engine?

Kyle

1999 Chap Sig 240
VP 5.7GS
1). True.......
2). Prudent operation.....;)
Volvo decided they were more trouble than they were worth....

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,............

I happen to think they Are worth the trouble..............

Even My Custom handbuilt Bondo Pipes have hand fitted, rubber lined Flappers in there...........:D

kylep

Recruit

Ayuh,............

I happen to think they Are worth the trouble..............

Even My Custom handbuilt Bondo Pipes have hand fitted, rubber lined Flappers in there...........:D

I haven't found a supplier for the proper flapper yet. I've seen exhaust hoses with built in flappers. Should I investigate adapting one of them or just not put any in at all?

Kyle

newport dave

Chief Petty Officer

Replace it or not, you will need to find and remove the missing flapper.

Dave

Hartwellboater

Recruit

Kyle

1999 Chap Sig 240
VP 5.7GS
What did you end up doing replace or Depleted exhaust flapper valve! I’m in the same “boat” search for days for the Exhaust flapper valve part? No luck finding it! Volvo does carry this part or have a part number for it! Can you please help
1999 Larson Volvo penta 5.0GLPWR -Volvo Penta SX

Status
Not open for further replies.