volvo penta d3 160 no start

dirtycj5

Recruit
aloha
I have a 2007 volvo d3 160 I think the evc module went bad. It cranks but no start. gauges, trim control, remote start panel, and control panel all are dead. the only thing from the harness that works is the key switch.
Im getting fuel to the injectors and I can get it to run with starting fluid.
Is there a way to bypass the evc to get it running?
Could a newer evc module be used? like EVC-C?
anyone had similar issues?
thanks

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Where are you feeding it starter fluid to ? Will it run continuously on its own fuel after its started this way ? Or just run until the starter fluid is used up ? But defo keen to hear how you get the fluid into the engine.

dirtycj5

Recruit
Where are you feeding it starter fluid to ? Will it run continuously on its own fuel after its started this way ? Or just run until the starter fluid is used up ? But defo keen to hear how you get the fluid into the engine.
just used a gas soaked rag over the inlet of the turbo just to see if it would kick over and run. no it will not run continuously maybe a few seconds just runs off the fumes.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
just used a gas soaked rag over the inlet of the turbo just to see if it would kick over and run. no it will not run continuously maybe a few seconds just runs off the fumes.
Does it start of you press the neutral switch that allows you to Rev the engine in neutral (under normal circumstances). Usually a button you can press on or near the evc panel that allows this. There are at least one or two main fuses for these too, from memory