Volvo Penta AQ260B swap from AQ131D

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So swapping motors this weekend three questions, on an 8.5:1 ratio compression motor I have 135psi as lowest and 145psi highest on warmed up properly done compression test. That seem low? Second This Prestolite IDU7801B 8 F distributor seems OK but can't find much info on the web. What's B.I.D. Electronic Ignition? Have damaged Coil and Prim resistance is 1.7 ohms and Sec. resistance is 6.5 Kohms that seem right? I'm swapping because coil has a hole in it from mech shipping damage. All things point to an MSD Blaster 2 or something like it with 5.1 K ohms sec res and 0.8 ohms prim resistance. Seem blind on the ballast resistor or not requirement on this rare bird of a dist. have fouled plugs and couple burnt wires, knowing I also need carb help, I can do that OK myself, but I'm hoping someone can point me to some answers with my ignition. Inside the only identifier is a paint stamped number "9316" on the module. Sorry should I have done 3 posts? Still man she fires up immediately at 8 degrees BTDC right on the money. Thanks in advance as always guys for any advice.

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Volvo Penta AQ260B swap from AQ131D

Well getting perplexing now, that distributor the Pertronix IDU 7801 B is off an 86 or an 87 AQ271 or AQ311 not an AQ260 like the guy I bought it from said. The 260Aand B both had points/condensor and ballast resistor only problem is with the tricked out heads this thing has and performer manifiold etc. have no serial number to use. Seems with this knowledge the coil had wrong prim and sec resistance so it solves the burnt coil wire and #7 wire. Problem is now that I know the electronics this motor shows a "race guard" or speed limiter P/N 855870 but uuhh it's not installed. Do I need it in Canada?

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just trying to get on top of the pile again thanks folks.

DDAADDYY

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Trying for top of pile one more time.
Thanks