Volvo fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckydog49

Cadet
My 2000 volvo 5.0liter Gi motor has a bad low pressure fuel pump, the only replacement I can find is a complete fuel cell(part number 21545138). Does anybody know where to purchase just the low pressure pump??? Don't want to spend 700.00 if I don have to.

BILL INGRAHAM

Seaman
Re: Volvo fuel pump

check the web for a better price-side note: crusader, pleasurecraft and others with the TBI use a single pump setup. i almost went this route when my 2001 gxi pump low psi pump failed[800 hrs]. i did not research psi figures[i believe they are the same] and the pump from jerry's marine was well under 200.00. the pump bracket and lines are different on these other engines but could easily be fabricated using uscg approved materials.i'm assuming your TBI.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the cell assy is about your only option. at least the new ones released since march of 2010 are no longer painted inside.

tkrfxr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look up the part number on this chart, and if you are lucky, some part store might still sell it separate from the fuel cell.

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/jpg/GAS FUEL PUMP PIS CHART.jpg

...though the fine print, at the bottom, states that the whole thing needs to be ordered if the low-pressure pump is to be replaced....this is dated in 2005.

-Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.