Volvo AD31P needs constant bleeding

Flybrain

Recruit
If I leave my Volvo Penta AD31P for more than a few days I have to bleed the lines to start it.
It never used to be like this?
Any suggestions on what could have caused this?

Thanks in advance.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
If I leave my Volvo Penta AD31P for more than a few days I have to bleed the lines to start it.
It never used to be like this?
Any suggestions on what could have caused this?

Thanks in advance.
I’d check the fuel filter seals. Has the filters been disturbed or changed for another type/assembly recently? Just in case the direction of flow has been mixed up.
Any sign of diesel leaking to the bilge at all ?
Have a think if anything has been changed or modified from the original set up perhaps. Has she always done this in your ownership or is it a new behaviour? You’ve got to be either loosing diesel prime or drawing air somewhere.
I worked on a boat recently with this very engine and similar issue. The boat would run only after bleeding each time…but was down on performance and would usually eventually almost die altogether sometimes. The issue was that the owner had recently installed a new water separating fuel filter in the system. He managed to have the fuel in and out lines wrong way about. Most of these things are unidirectional these days. It also wasn’t suitably positioned, as a bonus.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I’ve had to fully clean the engine and bilge to find slow leaks. Lay down white oil sorbs under the engine and you will find them.