Vista 268 Water Heater

continental1971

Seaman Apprentice
Hello
I'm getting the following problem with my water heater—no pressure out of the hot side. I get plenty of pressure once I turn the cold water on. Also when I turn the cold water on I get a mixture of hot and cold water after the heater has been on for a while. I disconnected the red line (see picture below) and I got no water coming out. Not sure how this water heater work.

Attachments

• PXL_20230221_211314275.jpg
    PXL_20230221_211314275.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 2

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Pressure comes from your water pump

Lack of pressure is either the pump is bad, or you have a restriction on the line from the pump (blue)

4now04

Seaman
Just to confirm, I assume the switch labeled "Fresh Water Pump" (top back switch near cabin door) is on, and the water heater has been filled with water? I'm not sure if you are in a climate where the water heater was drained for winter. It is possible to burn out the water heater element if the electric water heater has been on for a while without water in the water heater. Any more info available?

continental1971

Seaman Apprentice
The water pump was replaced...
I get plenty of pressure when I turn the cold water on. However, when turning the HOT water nothing comes out. Turning the cold water I get cold water and after a minute the water starts to heat up. Just not sure why when I turn the hot water nothing comes out of the faucet.... Both in the shower and sink.

Thanks

Alonso