VIP valiant restoration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calebbrown77

Seaman
Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a 1989 VIP valiant it's in fair condition only thing wrong is the lower unit is ba an I want to paint it an put all new fabric on the seats an clean it up put a new lower end on it to have for myself original price was 2000 dollars an forgot to mention I'm buyin it from my gf uncle an he plans to help me pay for the lower end of the outdrive out of the 2000 do Ou think this a fair deal an will benefit from this? Take into mind I love doing things like this it's a hobby any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys! I am gonna try an get pics up soon but I can't do it through my phone! An it does have a omc outdrive is this bad I have heard it's good an bad?

Calebbrown77

Seaman
Re: VIP valiant restoration?

I'm trying to get other peoples attention by putting in a different thread man dang An by the way why if your boat has omc or what not why do you think it's such a bad Idea I purchase this boat

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm trying to get other peoples attention by putting in a different thread man dang An by the way why if your boat has omc or what not why do you think it's such a bad Idea I purchase this boat

Did I say I thought it was a bad idea?

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

I almost posted something like this too...

I almost shorted out my laptop when I read your post! Thank God my keyboard is waterproof...and I was just drinking water...and not eating anything...

Sort of the same thing. Sterndrive means the drive system is in the stern (rear) of the boat, as opposed to a inboard (mid drive), like a ski boat with the engine in the middle of the boat. Yours is an I/O which means the engine is inside the boat, and the drive is outside the boat (usually referred to as an inboard / outboard, or I/O) The out drive is the part of the drive system that is on the outside of the boat...upper and lower gear cases, etc. A sterndrive could also possibly mean a v-drive boat, but that is not what you have. There are others here that can go into much greater detail, but this will give you the jist of it.

that would most assuredly depend on the car, hostage.

...AND be sure to NOT break up with her until the boat is fixed!!! just sayin.

It will say "OMC" on it.

Aaaaaannnnnnddddd......once again I have to clean up water off my keyboard!

I did notice, however, that we are in fact talking about a "boat" instead of a "bot". Kinda kills the earlier posts for those just tuning in.

_________________________________________________________________________________

That is everything from your other identical thread. I see nothing in there where I said I thought it was a bad idea. Although....I am considering the thought it MAY very well be a bad idea.................

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Let me SAY IT!!!!
B A D I D E A !!!!!!!
There IT has been said.
Whoever told you OMC was good----B A D !!!!!!
OMC PARTS----- B A D !!!!!!
Dependability --BAD!!!!!!
21 year old boat needing new interior and outdrive for $2,000.00 --BAD!!!!!!!
Buy from GF DAD -- VERY BAD !!!!!!!!

Look for another boat--GOOD!!!

Calebbrown77

Seaman

But the boat is no longer 2000 I jut pay the difference an get a whole new outdrive I want to redo the interior anyway

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm trying to get other peoples attention by putting in a different thread

We don't do that here. Closed.

If you get the boat and want to start a restoration thread on it, then by all means, feel free to start a new thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.