VIP info

slade6

Cadet
Sorry for the double posting. I'm new to the game, just happy to be here. Owner of a 1994 Vision 1760 VIP with a Merc 3.0 Alpha. Any info on the older VIP would be great.

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: VIP info

slade, welcome to iboats! What kind of info are you looking for? Don't worry about the double post, it happens to the best of us!

slade6

Cadet

Actually my name has been changed from Slade(my nickname) to the name of my boat (Aquaholic)Well, lets see,What kind of quality of boat are the VIP brand. middle of the road? Upper? lower? there really isn't a whole lot of info on their web sites. The best i could tell the boat looked to be a excellent, solid , streamlined piece of fiberglass, the 3.0 Alpha was spotless and the compression, oils, etc were all great. I'm really excited to use it, I just hope it dosen't sink to the bottom of the Lake. Any structural problems, any problems of any sort?

slade6

Cadet

By the way, thanks for the welcome, quite the little community here at iboats.

javsam

Chief Petty Officer

welcome aquaholic, I am a new owner myself, with a vip vision outboard model. It appears to be a well made boat and I do really think they are a nice looking boat.<br />javsam

slade6

Cadet

boats are like kids, everyone thinks that theirs is cute, sad really, isn't it? To be perfectly honest, I too think that the VIP is one of the nicest looking bowriders out there, hopefully there's more to the boat than looks, as, I don't want it looking pretty on the bottom of Lake Erie.

vipzach

Lieutenant

my vip vision is a 91, the boat is solid, the transom is solid. My boat sat outside for two years, before I bought it and is still solid! I agree, that vip's look great in the water, there is something about the way that they sit, that I really like. If you keep up your maintance, I really doubt your VIP will be on the bottom of any lake! BTW, when I look for my next boat, a VIP will be given serious consideration.

DAMIFINO

Cadet

mines a 1979 vip with a 140 merc
needs work

Attachments

• ShowLetter.jpg
    48 bytes · Views: 0

1959_FDR

Banned

slade6 said:
Sorry for the double posting. I'm new to the game, just happy to be here. Owner of a 1994 Vision 1760 VIP with a Merc 3.0 Alpha. Any info on the older VIP would be great.

Hi Slade....
Welcome aboard Bro....
( passes you a Labatt's )

What are the last 3 digits of your boat's hull number....?
I can tell you exactly what month it was built with those digits.

Here's my 1978 VIP V6(J) ( actually built in July 1979, but still a 1978 because the new model year production starts in August )

It's got an 85 hp Johnson Ssea Horse V-4 pushing her along nicely

I started a restoration on her yesterday.

John

4075.jpg

WTPhantom309

Seaman

I just purchased a 78 VIP (what i believe to be) a fish&ski title says 17' but i stepped it off at 18' got a 140 hp rude on it got her ready for the water and have learned 2 things while workin on it 1-dont decarb in enclosed area (duh) and 2- dont take wife to dean's marine to get parts cause shes gonna b!%ch all the way home LOL. im currently lookin for the VIP plastic name plates that go on the sides