VIP Bay Stealth 2001 1120 BSVL???

We purchased a boat a few years ago from a man who had literally no information on the boat other than the title for the hull and motor. (It was a really good deal, pay off what he owed with only 15 hours on motor - he used it twice and put it away). Title to boat shows made in 10/2000 and model year 2001. Length is 22'3", motor is outboard 150 yamaha, Beam is 8'6". When I try to find information on the boat there is no listing for any VIP Bay Stealth 2001 with a model number 1120 BSVL. Of course, we cant find a working phone number to anyone who works for VIP. Has anyone heard of this model number?

Oldmxer

Recruit
Re: VIP Bay Stealth 2001 1120 BSVL???

Hi Ghost,
I'm pretty sure you have a 2180, just like the 96 model I recently acquired. Yes, it seems the VIP Corp folded up 5 years ago or so and the new investor group has never gotten the line up and running again. I read somewhere that VIP went to 100% wood free construction around 2000 or so. My boat is built like a tank, but, would still be nice to know there is no wood anywhere. Is yours center console with a tunnel and rolled gunnel ?