Vinyl curtain shrinking.

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
I cover my boat with a Big tarp. Unfortunately, due to health issues, I have not been able to work on it much as I would like. However, I notice recently that my curtains seem to have shrunk which is making zippers difficult to close curtains. One zipper broke. Doest clear vinyl do this over time???

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I cover my boat with a Big tarp. Unfortunately, due to health issues, I have not been able to work on it much as I would like. However, I notice recently that my curtains seem to have shrunk which is making zippers difficult to close curtains. One zipper broke. Doest clear vinyl do this over time???
Not out of time but from the cold.

My last boat had a bimini. Used to store the curtains in the truck for the ride down to launch. The warmth helped tremendously to snap and zip at launch.

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
Not out of time but from the cold.

My last boat had a bimini. Used to store the curtains in the truck for the ride down to launch. The warmth helped tremendously to snap and zip at launch.
It seems that makers would have added material for this issue.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It seems that makers would have added material for this issue.
The materials expand and contract with temperature.

My enclosure side covers are roughly 36 x 48 inches.
Doing the math, they grow/shrink roughly 0.20" between 40°F and 100°F.

Ideally one would fit the covers at 70°F to split the difference.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer

this might be something you could use.
I use'd them for my double bimini top and enclosure, due to canvas shrinking the last 17 years.

Attachments

• IMG_2617.png
    IMG_2617.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 10