FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I keep reading this type of reply in more than one forum. I have no desire to be confrontation but I suggest that regional markets vary widely in what prices are correct. You might score a barn or garage sale find but for all the small motors I have seen locally you just aren't going to buy anything that runs for less than 150-$200. Perhaps that is because we have a lot of small lakes and streams to go along with our big ponds.
I'd say you have a keeper - especially given that it has contact points -vs- an iffy electronic ignition. If you can swing it, make part of the deal that you get to run a tank of gas through it on a test tank - under load, as a mini torture test. If it doesn't overheat or otherwise misbehave... GOPHERIT!
You got that right, here in IL I won't take them unless you give it to me and I have 5 Eska products from 15hp-7.5's I love'um
I have a friend in Florida that just sold a average condition 7.5 deluxe for $400
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or caveat emptor?