FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Hi SBN!<br /><br />Your DigitalVideocamera stores the recording in a raw and rather space-comsuming format (on tape). You need to transfer it to your puter by some interface - most often the IEEE1394 / Firewire is supported and most DV's are recognized by this without drivers.<br /><br />Once on the puter you use a program to tweak the file size by compression and picture quality (by clever algorithms) to a compromise where the size is acceptable.<br /><br />There are several programs around for this - even freebees. As video editing is a major business to some (TV, film- and movie makers etc.) there are also pro software ($$$$$$!!). Pinnacle for one is pretty good value and are available both as standalone software and bundke with grabber-card if you need it (for videos not supporting IEEE1394 you can grab the ordinairy signal from S-VHS, BNC or COAX by connecting to the grabber card as you would to a TV).<br /><br />Mail me Tuesday and I'll get you a copy of a freebee that does the trick. Compression to max without spoiling the quality.<br /><br />By making it a file format known by ie. Windows Mediaplayer you allow most pc's to display it from file.<br /><br />Note, however, that even the best compression will leave massive files so keeping video sequences short is vital.
Thanks UU and I will.<br />This info is for my daughter and I don't think she will have any kind of software to do this but we will see after we talk Tuesday.
I didn't think it was going to work, but I tryed it my my didital camra and was able to do. It went on my computer just like a regular picture does, and then it played useing the quicktime software that I already have downloaded of the net someone along the line, I can email the video too, but he whoever I sent it to have has have "quicktime". Their isn't any sound, though.