Veteran's Day

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Here's a salute to all my fellow veterans on Veteran's Day. How many of you, like me, have never gotten the holiday off from work in your life? There's something wrong with this picture. It seems like more of a tribute if only veterans got the day off. [Ha]. Seriously, I would like to pay a special tribute to the veterans of WW 2. They went off to war and couldn't come home until it was over, either for them personally or until they won. My hat is off to them.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: Veteran's Day

My Flags will be flown as they do everyday on my building. Tommorrow they will shine even more.<br /><br />I'm a Vietnam Vet and my Love for this Country is Stronger now then it was 30 plus years ago when saddness and humiliation greeted us when we we came back. I visited the Wall this year for the first time and the healing process is now complete.<br /><br />A salute to all who have served in the past and those who are serving now to preserve our Freedom.<br /><br />God Bless America.......

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I want to salute all veterans. Not because of the new found patriotism, but because I truly appreciate all that are serving now, have come before and will serve in the future. I think about the freedom I have every day that was paid for by the lives of so many. Thank you one and all.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

To those who went before us, to those who were with us, to those who went after us and to those who go now, thank you for our Liberty.<br /><br />
fourth.jpg
<br /><br />Like Ross (see his thread) I remembered this day for much of my life as Armistice Day, commemorating the end of WWI. <br /><br />I am proud that it now includes homage to all of our veterans and the veterans of our Allies.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

RIGHT ON JB!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKFULLY AND RESPECTFULLY>>BART SR.