VesselView data to Lowrance Elite FS 7

Hi, new member here. I have a 2020 18' Sun Tracker pontoon with a 60hp Merc 4stroke. I replaced our Humminbird fishfinder with a Lowrance Elite FS 7. I also have Merc's VesselView Mobile that sends engine data to my phone via bluetooth. The Elite FS 7 demo unit at Academy shows the VV icon on the home page and a demo data view. Merc's webpage for the VV Link mentions the Elite Ti2 but does not mention the FS. I'm afraid the FS demo unit at Academy may simply be running Ti2 demo software. Bottom line: can I get VV data to the Elite FS? Thanks

Lowrance doesn't allow direct contact, and Mercury requires my serial # for support but my boat is 50 miles away in the slip right now.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I also have Merc's VesselView Mobile that sends engine data to my phone via bluetooth. The Elite FS 7 demo unit at Academy shows the VV icon on the home page and a demo data view. Merc's webpage for the VV Link mentions the Elite Ti2 but does not mention the FS.
Not sure what VV on your phone has to do with it.

The Lowrance would get VV data via a NMEA2000 connection.

Is your back bone connected and powered to the Lowrance?

Vessel View Mobile consists of a unit mounted inside the cowl to the engine data port(?) that sends engine info via bluetooth to an app on my phone. I know about the VV Link module, a separate product, but the literature does not mention the Elite FS. Didn't know if they may have developed connectivity with the FS that hasn't made it into the literature yet. No back bone, no other devices.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Vessel View Mobile consists of a unit mounted inside the cowl to the engine data port(?) that sends engine info via bluetooth to an app on my phone. I know about the VV Link module, a separate product, but the literature does not mention the Elite FS. Didn't know if they may have developed connectivity with the FS that hasn't made it into the literature yet. No back bone, no other devices.
The pgn listing for the device would support gauge functionality via the NMEA 2000 interface