Very sorry for my melancholy mood

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Very sorry for my melancholy mood

Skinny, your friends are here for you! Hope all goes well with Rocket. You are in our prayers.

Skinnywater

Commander

Thanks for all your kind words, wishes and prayers.<br />They seem to be helping.<br /><br />The point where hope is to be surrendered and the line to let go, has been close but never crossed.<br /><br />This line as per the vet and my own experience is where a horse falls and can't get back up.<br /><br />Rocket has drug his feet, wobbled, leaned, convulsed, stumbled and fallen. Yet he's always gotten back up.<br /><br />The day I wrote you was his worst. Yesterday indicated a decent improvement. Today better yet.<br />He even exibited a little defiant crow hop after being released following his oral injection of Banatine.<br /><br />Rocket has a giant appetite and looks completely normal when grazing. He's still very weak and far from being out of the woods. <br />Again I'm encouraged by his strength and will.<br /><br />And by your continued support.<br />Thank you :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

howdy skinny,<br />can't think of better reason to break that rule.<br />u know he's gonna feed off u big time, so be<br />positive and encouraging

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

A congrats now Skinnywater,<br /><br />Your Spirit and concern for Rocket is amazing and may well be contributing to his recovery. I believe so anyhow. My best to you two.<br /><br />Pat

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello you got my heart and prayers. I dont know what I would do without my baby beast. she is a 11 year old mare that I have feed and scooped up after for the past 7 years. oneday I may even ride her:) :) . my daughter used to show her some but she moved on and now its just me an tha beast but I am rather fond of her. Hope all is well keep us posted

ebbtide176

Commander

i'm sorry i hadn't been online earlier to comment. skinny i consider you a friend, and i felt a lump in my throat thinking of your situation, as i was in a similar place last yr with our (13yro)g-shepherd, who had a bad injury to his only front leg. we thought it was hopeless, but he is still here.<br /><br />i offered a prayer for you/rocket. <br /> :)

Skinnywater

Commander

Barring any unforseen relapses Rocket is back to being a happy caballo.<br />Every day saw an improvement to his present excellent condition.<br />I was concerned that there may be some permanent damage but I can't see any.<br />He's back to greeting me at the gate when I get home from work. Then our daily ritual of removing his fly mask and a hose down.<br /><br />So far in our county (Tehama), there has been 14 confirmed cases of horses that have become sick of WNV. It's important to note that in horses, like humans, that the vast majority that get WNV never show any signs of illness.<br />So the 14 are horses that have actually became ill.<br />Of these 14, 11 have died or had to be destroyed.<br /><br />These are the type of odds that prove your thoughts and wishes were a positive influence.<br />And that Rocket is a tough fighter and is as special as I've always thought. <br /><br />Again, thanks for your positive responses and wishes. :)

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Powerful good news Skinny... :)

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's awesome Skinnywater! I was wondering about the horse the other day and now I see this. Gives a bit of a warm feeling inside.<br /><br />I'm very happy for you and the big guy. :)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Fantastic!