Values? I am selling one boat and getting another need advice

derekrain

Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSslU_B9m4

I have a old glasstron v153 which is ok shape needs some work but decent boat.
I got 3 new folding seats and stands and swivels on the front seats.
The boat sits on a decent looking trailer a gator that pulls smooth & straight.
The motor is a 1971 evinrude 60hp and runs shift and idles exelent.
I had it inspected and the marina was suprised that it would idle so smooth at a low idle being so old. Compression is all within 5lbs on each cylinder and is good dont rember what they said it was tho.
They tried to buy it for $500.00 now a week ago I couldnt get it running and dropped it off over night at a different place looking to do a trade in they offered me 100.00 lol
I am going to sell it out right and have around 1100 into it with the 200 or so in new seating. I have no idea what a boat like this is worth? any help you guys can offer will be great!!

Oh this has the ignition conversion done on it also!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Values? I am selling one boat and getting another need advice

to be honest, no one wants a hydro-electric shift motor. and actually i does not matter how much you have invested in the boat.

when ever you are going to show it, start the motor before they get there, then start it for them.

in this market there are a lot of boats to choose from. here getting $500, for a almost 40 year old would be good.

derekrain

Cadet

hmm Here boat with out motors around this age are going for 350 to 500 right now and we have snow on the ground. I seen a 60's 55hp rude for 650.00 the other day marked sold on craigslist. Thats why I was asking I have had offers on the lower unit more than the motor its self which is weird in my eyes. why dose no one want one of these I seen alot in the water around this area like this with the push buttons?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the solenoids in the lower unit and the switch that shifts them in the control, wiring harness to solenoids, all are no longer available. that is why the lower unit is more valuable than the power head. the people who are trying to keep these thing running are dependent on used parts. or, rigging shift switches.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

hmm Here boat with out motors around this age are going for 350 to 500 right now and we have snow on the ground. I seen a 60's 55hp rude for 650.00 the other day marked sold on craigslist. Thats why I was asking I have had offers on the lower unit more than the motor its self which is weird in my eyes. why dose no one want one of these I seen alot in the water around this area like this with the push buttons?

Have to agree with TD here- you have a 40-year-old runabout that's nothing special, except maybe to the one-in-a-thousand individual who has a special interest in that particular make and model.

You have a motor that's worth more in parts than it is whole- like TD said, nobody wants those motors unless,again, it's a special interest thing (like people who collect Edsels). The folks that have 'em are just trying to keep them going.

IMO $500. was a fair offer.