value of my Johnson 9.9

mmcmille

Cadet
I've got a 74 Johnson 9.9 and I was wonder what one of those is worth. It runs great starts up the first pull every time. I don't have any idea how many hours are on it as I got it used. It is a short shaft I think.

thanks

tommays

Admiral
Re: value of my Johnson 9.9

It is from the golden age of outboards BUT:D it is still 33 years old

Its worth would a local thing to a great extent

Tommays

CATransplant

Admiral

Depending on where you are in Wisconsin, you'll have no trouble finding someone who wants it. A good running 70's Johnson 9.9 will go from $350-500depending on overall condition. If it looks perfect, add another hundred.

Those engines sell almost instantly on CraigsList in the Twin Cities, but if it's a long drive, it may take longer.

They're one of the most desirable engines out there, since there are many smaller lakes with "under 10 hp" limits, and Minnesota is home to countless small boats needing just that outboard.

superflydudebike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Where do you live? I may be interested in buying that motor from you. I have a 6 hp now and I'm looking to upgrade a bit. I live near Madison.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

I'd be interested if your in northern wisconsin (I live north of Duluth) my 6hp just isn't quite enough for 2 people in my 12'. I agree with others, they tend to sell in the 350-500$ range for that year. 600$ if its a sharp lookin' unit.