Value of a GMC Jimmy with a blown engine.

Value of a GMC Jimmy with a blown engine.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scrobo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Was on a trip to Algonquin to go kayaking. (Wish I could bring the boat...) and about 45mins away my Jimmy blew a connector rod through the side of the oil pan. Everyone is ok... no one got hurt and that's all that really matters. Thank god for CAA and any canadians out there I encourage you to get their RV Plus service. (They'll bring your car AND your trailer home...) I would also like to say SHAME to my fellow truckers who just blew right on by the tow truck guy while he was securing the vehicle like he wasn't even there. Move over you rude SOBs.

Anyways. We got home and camped in the backyard instead. (Nothing like a good ole redneck vacation.

I need to sell this truck. I'm not a fellow with a ton of money and I will need every red cent to buy a short term junker till I can actually save up for another tow rig. I was looking for opinions on value. (Keep in mind my location. Southern Ontario Canada.)

1999 GMC Jimmy SLT with tow package
New starter, front hubs, ball joints and fuel pump in March.
New tires (235/75/R13 Goodyear Nordics) in November
Excellent body. Tailgate has rust at windshield wiper and small dent in front fender.
Good interior. A bit dirty in the back as I've hauled wood, plants etc in it. Good glass (tinted). All leather and power. Never had a transmission problem. Heated seats. Roof rack. It was a good solid truck.

I was mad at first. Then incredibly sad. I'm just kind of in between now. I loved my truck like a member of the family. It's been with us for many many years. But I was curious what some of you think would be a fair price for a parts car. I'd hate to send it to the wreckers. Especially since I just dropped about $2G in work on it in March :) I've been told $500 would be a fair price by one person but I always like to hear others opinions. I found a few Jimmys on sale in town between $3200 and $3800.

Also have a moments of silence for the death of Jimmy the Jimmy. At 13 years old... such a sad time to die.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Value of a GMC Jimmy with a blown engine.

it is the weight of the steel that is of value, drop a used motor in it and drive it, if you want to get your 2g worth out of it, or you could part it out and maybe get more than the steel value for the trans

scrobo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would gladly pay you Tuesday for some boat gas today...

Hahaha... love it.....

Dropping a motor in it is something I can't do myself. Well... can't isn't the word because I could most likely learn to but working 80hrs a week I don't have time. But parting it out sounds like an ok idea...

Taking into consideration my lack of free time I'd prefer to sell it as a whole. I'll even deliver it to the person!

Bondo

Staff member

Was on a trip to Algonquin to go kayaking. (Wish I could bring the boat...) and about 45mins away my Jimmy blew a connector rod through the side of the oil pan. Everyone is ok... no one got hurt and that's all that really matters. Thank god for CAA and any canadians out there I encourage you to get their RV Plus service. (They'll bring your car AND your trailer home...) I would also like to say SHAME to my fellow truckers who just blew right on by the tow truck guy while he was securing the vehicle like he wasn't even there. Move over you rude SOBs.

Anyways. We got home and camped in the backyard instead. (Nothing like a good ole redneck vacation.

I need to sell this truck. I'm not a fellow with a ton of money and I will need every red cent to buy a short term junker till I can actually save up for another tow rig. I was looking for opinions on value. (Keep in mind my location. Southern Ontario Canada.)

1999 GMC Jimmy SLT with tow package
New starter, front hubs, ball joints and fuel pump in March.
New tires (235/75/R13 Goodyear Nordics) in November
Excellent body. Tailgate has rust at windshield wiper and small dent in front fender.
Good interior. A bit dirty in the back as I've hauled wood, plants etc in it. Good glass (tinted). All leather and power. Never had a transmission problem. Heated seats. Roof rack. It was a good solid truck.

I was mad at first. Then incredibly sad. I'm just kind of in between now. I loved my truck like a member of the family. It's been with us for many many years. But I was curious what some of you think would be a fair price for a parts car. I'd hate to send it to the wreckers. Especially since I just dropped about $2G in work on it in March :) I've been told $500 would be a fair price by one person but I always like to hear others opinions. I found a few Jimmys on sale in town between $3200 and $3800.

Also have a moments of silence for the death of Jimmy the Jimmy. At 13 years old... such a sad time to die.

Ayuh,... If it's such a Great truck,... Put a new or used motor in it....

Otherwise, it's worth the scrap value....

dolluper

Captain

Grab another one at auction ...same year and keep all those great parts.....google ICAN auctions ...not far from you all over Canada and they have public ones......get another between 600 to 1200 that year

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

LKQ has engines as low as $300. not sure up in canada.

dolluper

Captain

If it had a 4.3 we have lots up here also.....2000 injector spider is better.....replaceable injectors