Used jack plates

Crestliner2007

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking to put a manual jack plate on my boat this coming spring, before putting her back in the water again. I was told, by a member on another fishing forum, that there is a place to go, here on the net, for "used" jack plates. I am trying to hold down cost, so I would be interested in finding a site offering these. If you have any suggestions, I would be very interested. Thanks for you assistance.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Used jack plates

i just finished making one. had a local fabricator, bend 3/16 aluminum in a Z type with 3 inches on each part. then use 3 layers of 1/2 ply, with the center turned the opposite way, of the outers. over all length was 20 inches, with a 4 inch cut down, so the plate would not interfer, when getting out of the hole. total cost about $60.00 i had the plywood etc.

Attachments

• MVC-296S.JPG
    MVC-296S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MVC-298S.JPG
    MVC-298S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 0

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

i just finished making one. had a local fabricator, bend 3/16 aluminum in a Z type with 3 inches on each part. then use 3 layers of 1/2 ply, with the center turned the opposite way, of the outers. over all length was 20 inches, with a 4 inch cut down, so the plate would not interfer, when getting out of the hole. total cost about $60.00 i had the plywood etc.

TD,
could i get a sketch of what you did. sounds like the way i want to go CHEAP
thanks

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

What's the plywood for? No short bolts? (Kidding)

We've used an aluminum I beam to make a simple set back bracket. The bolt pattern is wider at the top than the bottom, the "I" of the beam goes between them. Then cut the top at an angle so the steering didn't hit when tilted. But that's a set back bracket, not a manual jackplate.