Upolstering Video?

mrdibs1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking for youtube or something to show how to cut and sew vinyl for my Capri. Low budget project. I have all of the original foam, but vinyl is long gone so I can't just copy what was there. Also need source for vinyl under 5 bucks a yard. I know it won't be great. Just needs to keep the water off and look pretty.

lowvlot

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Upolstering Video?

I did alot of looking on the web for inexpensive vinyl. I don't know if you will find at 5 bucks a yard but Jo ann fabrics has it for 12.99-14.99. I think on the web it is 12.99 and in store it is 14.99. Sign up for there news letter and you will get mailings with 40% off coupons. or check there website they often have good sales. I have been getting mine for like 9 bucks a yard.

mrdibs1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That's great stuff. Any idea how many yards of material for perimeter seating and bump rails?

mrdibs1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Awesome guys thanks a lot. It'll take me a while to watch all those videos but they seem to hit everything I want to know. 8.99 seems about right. I have a 40% off coupon for the fabric store that gets me there, but only for one cut at a time. With patience I can buy one color a week to preserve my budget for the most part. Still hoping to the hit the 5 dollar clearance sale someplace. So what if it's pink.