Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yes, you did break the forum, RNJ. We finally found the responsible party and it is you. :eek: LOL

again....

When we roll out 'enhancements' to our inventory software we do UAT and my speech to my region is always - 'do your best to break it'. We usually do.

oh and in this post the spell check thing I've mentioned earlier is happening.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the bloody mary sitting next to my computer.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
When Sorting "Recent Posts", the sort by last update does not work, in either Ascending or Descending. I use this to follow posts that I have not subscribed to. This happens both at home and work

Computer #1
Browser : Firefox (33.1)
Hardware: Lenovo Workstation (E5-2650 Xeon processor)

Computer #2
Browser : Firefox (32.0)
Hardware: Dell ancient 486

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
still getting the non spell check issue and seems to be getting worse. Chrome.

toneeees

Administrator
When Sorting "Recent Posts", the sort by last update does not work, in either Ascending or Descending. I use this to follow posts that I have not subscribed to. This happens both at home and work

Computer #1
Browser : Firefox (33.1)
Hardware: Lenovo Workstation (E5-2650 Xeon processor)

Computer #2
Browser : Firefox (32.0)
Hardware: Dell ancient 486

Can you provide a link to the page you are looking at when setting these options. It works for me on my computer.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Can you provide a link to the page you are looking at when setting these options. It works for me on my computer.

Its the "my recent posts" in the upper right hand corner. if I go down the column of last post, the dates are not in descending order. PM'd a screen shot

jbcurt00

Staff member
I've also been getting the working notification a lot lately on my android based Samsung S5..

Just happened on my SCs @CL post just now. Lag was a couple seconds just now, but has been longer, and twice i refreshed the page it was lagging so long...
Ocaasionally, but very very rarely, its happened on my desktop too in recent weeks.

toneeees

Administrator
I've also been getting the working notification a lot lately on my android based Samsung S5..

Just happened on my SCs @CL post just now. Lag was a couple seconds just now, but has been longer, and twice i refreshed the page it was lagging so long...
Ocaasionally, but very very rarely, its happened on my desktop too in recent weeks.

I too had the working notification stick around for a while this morning. I believe the server guys were making some changes.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, server guys :)

Oh yeah, them. We are having issues every month during our physical inventory period - throw more servers at it they said. Remove the spooling reports they said. Create a Tiger Team to monitor they said. Now, they don't know why and want to set up meetings to discuss the ROM of looking at the code to figure out the ROM for rewriting some of the code. *sigh*

Really no issues for me other than the spell check thing and as bad as I type and as dyslexic as I am I really need it. Hate having to type into a ,docx then paste over here.

I run a driod and have some formatting (display) issues

jbcurt00

Staff member
Fortunately, it seems the iboats server guys and their minions, usually get it handled. Now, the code from vB5, that's a whole different matter, right?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Fortunately, it seems the iboats server guys and their minions, usually get it handled. Now, the code from vB5, that's a whole different matter, right?

well we were down for about 30 minutes this morning, and spell check still not working. I think it is only when you are quoting somone.

toneeees

Administrator
well we were down for about 30 minutes this morning, and spell check still not working. I think it is only when you are quoting somone.

We upgraded to the new 5.1.4 version, you should now have the auto subscribe feature and be able to edit avatars.

I brought the "right click" issue to vBulletin's attention, and they are working on the fix. A recent update they made, replaced a fix that was in place on 5.1.2.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok what is auto subscribe?

also - for the first time in weeks I got the loading 'error something something 2' and it did not actually post like it normally does (when you hot refresh)

I sure hope vbulletin in giving you free stuff for helping them improve their systems.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
With the update, the two finger 'pinch' move, used on Ipads to zoom the screen, seems to be broken again....

toneeees

Administrator
The code I added must have been overwritten with the update. I'll make sure to get the pinch to zoom back on mobile

toneeees

Administrator
The cmd cut/paste problem is back too..

Yeah, vBulletin had the issue set to resolved. I petitioned to reopen it and provided evidence that it is still an issue. Hopefully they will have a fix for us soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.