Updating Guages on Fourwinns 258V

Maxwell566

Cadet
Goodafternoon, I am new here and had a few questions.

I am looking to add a fish finder/sonar to my 258v. Problem is the boat is a 2008 and four winns left this square spot for a unit. Seems like Garmin has gone widescreen so the one i had in mind will not fit. If i remove the Speedo and Tach i can fit a decent size 7" or maybe 9" wide screen Model. My questions are....

1. Is this model decent for what i am trying to achieve? Just want a basic fish finder and something with maps on it.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/690512/pn/010-02339-00

2. If i remove those 2 guages will that be a problem? maybe i dont need any quages with this plotter? It looks like i can just view those 2 gauges on the chart plotter which leads me to my next question..

3. will this unit read my engine data? its a 2008 Merc 350 MPI. The unit says it reads NMEA2000...

4. has anyone every had a custom gauge plate made? if im removing those 2 guages and adding a larger flush mount screen i would like to have a new Gauge plate made. any suggestions online where i could have that made?

In short i want to add a fishfinder/plotter, not really set on brand just want to make something work that will also read my engine data!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6275.jpg
    IMG_6275.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 3