(UPDATED)Survived Charley, looks like another next weekend.

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow, what a time this past week has been. <br />Sat. the 7th I get called into work due to a 5 car crash that leaves 2 dead, 1 at the scene in a crushed, overturned car. (Im a Traffic Homicide Investigator)<br /> Crash Scene Nothing Gory <br />I was on vacation, planning to spend time fishing, but duty calls. (I did get 1 1/2 days of fishing in though)<br />I start a whirlwind investigation on the crash, heading into mid-week and Hurricane Charley decides to come our way.<br />I'm in Central Florida and in the path of Charley.<br />Wed I take the boat out of the water and get caught in a hellatious storm at the boat ramp, lightning, heavy rain, got soaked to the bone.<br />We go into Emergency Operations mode, beefing up shifts with double squads.<br />We open our Emergancy Operations Center at City Hall. I start at 0800 Friday morning and finish the day at midnight. I get called about 4 hours later telling me I dont have to be there at 0600......cant go back to sleep now.<br />The Hurricane went about 15 miles to our Southeast putting us on the backside of the storm. We got over 4" of rain and 50 mph wind gust. A few trees were down blocking roads. The biggest event was a 12-14 foot alligator that took refuge in the porch of a mobile home. The Captain and I used garden hoses to urge the gator to go back to the lake. We sprayed water on its head/nose area. It didnt like it and sloowwwlllyyyy meandered back to the lake.<br /><br />Here are some photos of the gator<br /> Gator_1 <br /> Gator_2 <br /> Gator_3

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: (UPDATED)Survived Charley, looks like another next weekend.

WOW Trigger, you've been busy. Hope your home didn't suffer any damage.<br /><br />You were brave to coax a gator that size with nothing but a hose, he's HUGE. :eek:

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, now that's one big gator. Glad to hear you're okay,Trigger. Thanks for letting us know. <br />Bassy

Fly Rod

Commander

:) That gator looked very comfortable in the 1st picture!!!<br /><br />From the pictures on the news seems like an awfull lot of damage done!!! It will take allot of rebuilding!!! And where are some people going to get the necessary funds!!! The government means well but people will have to take out low interest loans on top of mortgage loans that they already have!!!<br /><br /> hope all is well with ya and Good luck!!! ;) :cool:

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You'd have seen me hauling butt if I saw something looking at me like what is pictured in that second shot.<br /><br />Ugh...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Triggerr - yes, glad to here your ok down there but...<br /> (I mean this jokingly)<br /><br /> .. I rank you up there with that nut from Australia thats on TV... I'd be heading the opposite direction and not fussin'with a garden hose..<br /><br />you're crazy!

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Have you ever noticed when you look at a 'gator head-on, it looks like he's got a grin on his face? Do ya suppose he was thinking you were his next dinner....? Or is it just me?<br /><br />
26_11_7.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Just in time for my new generator..I can promise you this.... I'm booking a hotel room in California if that puppy aims for us!

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

I'll betcha that if you left that gator on the doorstep you would have no trouble with unwanted guests visiting.<br />Bet he had bad breath too.<br /><br />Peter

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That has happened before. I allmost stepped on a 6foot gator on my porch a few years ago.<br />They wont let us eat gators any more, and the danged rascals are EVERYWHERE. We lost a woman on Sanibel last week to an 8footer.

bubbakat

Captain

Have you ever noticed when you look at a 'gator head-on, it looks like he's got a grin on his face? Do ya suppose he was thinking you were his next dinner....? Or is it just me?<br /><br />
No brian he is most certainly grinning.<br /><br /><br />Trigger I sure am glad you are ok but I am also glad I don't have to deal with the likes of that.<br />All we worry with up here (besides the every day crooks) is rattle snakes and skunks.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Come on out 12footer. There's plenty of room.<br />Bassy

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

I added a link to a photo of the crash scene, nothing gory, just a overall view the scene.<br /><br />Trigger

LadyFish

Admiral

Dang, that was a horrible wreck Trigger.<br /><br />As far as Earl, it completely disappated yesterday. I was tracking it and 'POOF' gone. Goods news for all us gulf coasters. Danielle won't approach land so we can all breath a little easier at least this week. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I kinda' got a chuckle outta that first gator picture......did ya'll notice that little "WARNING" sign on the rail???<br /><br />Glad you and yours are OK Triggerr. Lottsa' folks down there weren't so lucky.