Update, 48spl misses at 2k rpm

Beck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
165
Was looking for my last post to add, but they must delete after a while anyway...<br /><br />The last time I posted I had changed the powerpack and test run it. It ran fine for 15 minutes or so and started missing at all speeds. I was informed that I should have a professional look at it instead of throwing parts at it.<br /><br />So I bring it to a marine dealership and when they checked it out it ran perfect for 30 minutes and they charged me $60 for tech. services.<br /><br />What is the opinion of the marine mechanics on this forumn? $60 for 30 minutes equates to $120<br />hr. Not that I would have minded paying to repair a problem but to listen to it run? Well I was surprised.<br /><br />Beck
 

ob

Admiral
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
6,992
Re: Update, 48spl misses at 2k rpm

That's how it's done down here as well.Minimum 1 hour charge whether it takes an hour or 10 minutes.<br /><br />Ain't that just the luck though,having the engine run just fine at the shop ,still suspecting you have a glitch.
 

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
10,161
Re: Update, 48spl misses at 2k rpm

It's really up to the dealership Beck. Many places have a minumum charge....no matter what's done (sometimes, not done) to the engine.
 

Beck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
165
Re: Update, 48spl misses at 2k rpm

Ob and Obj<br /><br />That info. does make me feel a little better.<br /><br />I'm not sure if I still have a glitch yet as I haven't had a chance to take it out myself. I was thinking that when I test ran it maybe the engine picked up a little air from the gas tank?? I did have about 1/4 tank and the water was very rough. (this isn't very likely though)<br /><br />I do feel like we found the original problem of not going over 2k rpm.<br /><br />Anyway thanks for all the input from you guys.<br /><br />Beck
 
Top