Unsure of year model

Aussie_heat

Recruit
Hi everyone,
New here, I have just bought a boat with a 70HP Johnson that has no tags on it. I’ve located the “freeze” plug with serial number A0624169, I’m just wondering if anyone can tell me what model and year it would be?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpeg
    IMG_5878.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5891.jpeg
    IMG_5891.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 9

Aussie_heat

Recruit
I’ve tried googling and those decals go upto a 1996. And the model number sticker is missing.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
My wildest guess is 1992 / 93 for those decals.----Post picture of other side of lower cowling.-----And does hose for tell tale come off the side of the block ?----Or was it moved per service bulletin?

Aussie_heat

Recruit
My wildest guess is 1992 / 93 for those decals.----Post picture of other side of lower cowling.-----And does hose for tell tale come off the side of the block ?----Or was it moved per service bulletin?
Yes has the telltale off the side

Attachments

• IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

racerone

Supreme Mariner
In North America they used a trim switch on the lower cowling beginning in 89 I believe.----Not sure of the marketing strategy where you are.---And of course many sellers / dealers have put newer decals / hoods on motors.------Pictures of the powerhead ( 4 ) may or may not help with identification.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
What racerone means, does the tell tale exit the block off the side or off the top of the block....that's the service upgrade.

Remove cowling and post pictures.

Could be a stolen motor, be careful.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Remove cowling. (Outboard cover), take picture of engine.

Or follow where it pees out...the rubber hose where it goes into the engine (block).

I'm wondering, do you not speak English?

Something weird here.

Good luck with your motor.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I know that tell tale exits the lower cowling.----Reading post #7 carefully can only be for your benefit.