Ungrateful newbies rant !

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefalen

Captain
I might get a piano dropped on my head for this one but here goes..

What is it with newbies when they start a thread looking for mechanical help, be it a boat, motor or drive, and someone gives them advice they don't like.

Or someone asks them to recheck a task the poster performed and the problem still is present.

What i am trying to say i might be 3000 miles away, i can't touch, smell, hear the motor or drive, and i am relying on the responses to questions i posed to the poster.

And some even have the audacity to accuse the person offering advice that he may be somehow enriched financially trying to help.

Is it just me ??

Where are all these millions that these young guns think the person offering advice is reaping cause i sure would like a piece of it.

Maybe someone will read this and understand " WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS "

We make zip, nothing, nada, we do it for the love of the sport, and to pass on what we learn.

Than maybe you young guns can add your knowledge and so on and so on it goes.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Ungrateful newbies rant !

....enriched financially trying to help.....

If you log in with AOL and reply to a message and send it to ten friends you will be blessed by the Virgin Mary and 10 cents of every message will be donated to charity in your name. LOL

Don't worry, some of us get it, appreciate it, and wonder if we should check your salary figures with snopes.com :) cuz I couldn't find your job description :D here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/12/cb.big.bucks/index.html

I have been looking stuff up on iboats for years and appreciate all the help I have found. I only joined a few months ago and have enjoyed the free service. So on behalf of newbies who get it, thank you. And I am sorry on behalf of whoever/whatever :redface: acted in a way to make you irritated this morning.

chiefalen

Captain

It wasn't me offering the advice, and it wasn't even the original poster giving the againa, it was a guy from a different post, jumping on, i don't want to use the helpers name he can take care of himself believe me.

The guy didn't like we suggested he messed up a task.

Now he's like on a mission from G-d looking for any excuse to jump us.

Hah, he just don't get it. The more he gives the more he gets back and he got to be on the losing end when it's all said and done. Hah.

Not even a thank you oh well.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I might get a piano dropped on my head for this one but here goes.. It's okay....they do it on the Three Stooges all the time! :p

What is it with newbies when they start a thread looking for mechanical help, be it a boat, motor or drive, and someone gives them advice they don't like.

Or someone asks them to recheck a task the poster performed and the problem still is present.

What i am trying to say i might be 3000 miles away, i can't touch, smell, hear the motor or drive, and i am relying on the responses to questions i posed to the poster.

And some even have the audacity to accuse the person offering advice that he may be somehow enriched financially trying to help.

Is it just me ??

Where are all these millions that these young guns think the person offering advice is reaping cause i sure would like a piece of it.

Maybe someone will read this and understand " WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS "

We make zip, nothing, nada, we do it for the love of the sport, and to pass on what we learn.

Than maybe you young guns can add your knowledge and so on and so on it goes.

Replace the word newbie with neophyte..... add in the date they were born..... some people can not wait for free advice.

Most people are looking for the instant fix. Just turn this switch and things will be all nice and new again. Many times people will NOT admit the simple answer fixed their problem and allow their pride to block that response.

I believe that EVERY question has an answer but, it may not be the answer that people were looking for. If everyone used the search function here and on google....... oh wait that is not the normal lazy way! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.