"Uncle TJ" got skunked..

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
went out to Lake Mendota yesterday afternoon for a little fun with my 12yr old nephew and he showed me up in a big way.. quite embarassing when we get back to the bait shop to tell the owner what we had for action when the lil' guy blurts out.. "I CAUGHT ALL THE FISH!" :D <br /><br />don't get me wrong - I was happy as a lark to see him haul in 20-something 9.5"-10" bulls.. I was grinning from ear to ear as he hunkered down on the 9' UL rod.. what a riot! :D <br /><br />lil' bugger actually called me this morning to rub it in a little more before he left for school.<br /><br />Funny thing is - I didn't mind the tongue lashing one bit :D ;) <br /><br />what a joy!

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: "Uncle TJ" got skunked..

There's nothing better than sharing a day of fishing with a kiddo. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Damn you must be getting soft, and old. :) <br />Sounds like you're gonna start cryin. LOL

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

C'mon, uncle TJ, save the teary-eyed act for the bridge club luncheon. Tell us how you really felt about it. <br /><br /> ;)

gonfishn

Commander

You can tell he hasn't been fishn for some time..He is telln the truth :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

lol.. almost forgot about this post.. I wonder why :p :D <br /><br />Yea, I know guys.. mighta sounded a little sappy on my end :rolleyes: my eyes have finally dried but I keep getting skunk picture e-mails from the bait shop owner (the dirty rat).<br /><br />difference was simply jig size.. I set the lil guy up with a Custom Jigs and Spins #10 orange "Shrimpo" and 2 waxies while I tried a little bit larger profile in a Blue Fox Crappie jig..<br /><br />All I got was a dancing float while his was 'poppin' under. I think I was a little too stubborn with it. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I did kick the skunk outa the boat tho but, it took Walleyes to do it. :D