Unbelievable idiot

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Unbelievable idiot

I am guilty.
got down to the ramp many years ago at dutch branch marina on lake Benbrook.
arse was blocking both ramp laneswhile unloading,fiddling and I waited about 15 min. then pulled in front perpendicular to him and both ramps.
from there I got out,locked the car and proceeded to the ships store for a beer then to the burger counter.
maybe 20 min.
the guy at the ramp was blazing, the 3 folks behind me were laughing like crazy.
kinda like a few years back at the boat ramp in Kitty Hawk NC.
nice wide double ramp.
I showed up with my trusty 19' thunderbird behind my rusty 3/4 ton chevy.
ramp had 6 kayackers lined up acrossed it.
I politly asked the guy from kitty hawk kites to open a lane.
he gave me a stupid look.
I got back in the truck and positioned the trailer for the south lane and waited,then waited then waited somemore.
I then got out of the truck,walked down the ramp,told the tourists I was launching NOW and could either launch over them or beside them.
got back in the truck hit reverse and launched.
was a mad scramble of tourist kayackers.

a70eliminator

Captain

I'm guilty too.
I layed the mooring line a on the bow and told my buddy to grab it before the boat floats off, I paused, saw him get the rope through my side view mirror, proceeded to float the hull, pulled up and parked the truck only to find my buddy on the dock with no boat, he said the rope slipped out his hand and I just kept on going, needless to say I did take off my shirt and shoes and socks, had to swim like 50yrd. and then had trouble climbing into the boat cause I was so exhausted, but I did it #1!

j_martin

Admiral

I'm guilty too.
I layed the mooring line a on the bow and told my buddy to grab it before the boat floats off, I paused, saw him get the rope through my side view mirror, proceeded to float the hull, pulled up and parked the truck only to find my buddy on the dock with no boat, he said the rope slipped out his hand and I just kept on going, needless to say I did take off my shirt and shoes and socks, had to swim like 50yrd. and then had trouble climbing into the boat cause I was so exhausted, but I did it #1!

If it was my buddy he would have been swimming, and I would have helped him launch himself.:D

a70eliminator

Captain

Believe me, I'm the only one that could have and did save the boat from being smashed to bits on the rocks of Lake Erie, I routinely launch by myself but that morning I wanted to include my friend by giving him a simple job to do, and yes I was very pissed, but ended up laughing about it once I was dried off and on the water fishing.